Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Alex S #44126 04/19/12 11:21 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
message from a certain Ms. Anne Measles on facebok:

Quote:
I'm a Radio 4 journalist currently working on a programme about Ralf Hutter. I am looking for people who know/knew him personally and could tell us interesting stories about him. It's quite urgent as the programme is going out this Saturday. I'd be grateful if you could call me on 020 8752 5411 or drop me a line at anna.meisel@bbc.co.uk. Thank you

..wish I *could* help Ms. Measles..

I couldn't see anything about the upcoming programme on Radio 4 site but oddly I did find this interview/feature from 2003:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/arts/frontrow/ram/2003/frontrow20030804_kraftwerk.ram

Alex S #44218 05/10/12 09:23 AM
Originally Posted By: Alex S
Blimey! Who would ever imagine that!

I felt a deja-vu to the early eighties, waiting for Technopop to pop out. Several times it was announced to be here "next month" - and years later came out Electric cafe. I am very interested if something comes out, but a big part of Kraftwerk sound walked away with Karl Bartos.

Karwin #44330 06/06/12 11:07 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
YMO and KRAFTWERK in first joint performance

http://www.jpopgo.co.uk/jpg/?page_id=2436

MemberD #44331 06/06/12 03:25 PM
"Goodbye To Nuclear Power"...

I last week visited Finnish nukepower plant, and must say, that now that Soviet Union is history - you still have F**land. We are building biggest nukepower plant on Earth mad

MemberD #44584 08/22/12 08:33 AM
Kraftwerk. 45 RPM.

It all sounds a bit like a quick cash-in than an actual exhibition, anyway here's the blurb;

The Vinyl Factory and The Mott Collection have announced a new exhibition, Kraftwerk. 45 RPM.

Taking place at The Vinyl Factory Chelsea gallery on September 13 through to October 5, with a private few on September 12, it’s comprised of 45 iconic 7” Kraftwerk single covers showcasing the band’s unique aesthetic – “an analogue past dreaming of today’s digital present.”

Says The Vinyl Factory: “During the mid-’70s, Germany’s Kraftwerk established the sonic blueprint followed by an extraordinary number of artists in the decades to come. From the British new romantic movement to hip-hop to techno, the group’s self-described “robot pop” – hypnotically minimal, obliquely rhythmic music performed solely via electronic means – resonates in virtually every new development to impact the contemporary pop scene of the late-20th century, and as pioneers of the electronic music form, their enduring influence cannot be overstated.

“Always ahead of the curve, Kraftwerk acknowledged that urban life was alienating yet celebrated the joys of modern technology. Their wistful melodies of contemporary reality were ironic but also a prediction of times to come. Now, as we sit and play with our iPhones, sharing picture messages, we are living in Kraftwerk’s ‘Pocket Calculator’.”

The collection of 45 7″ singles will be for sale from the gallery, and The Vinyl Factory has also created a commemorative book, available in a limited edition of 300 copies. This catalogue documents 45 Kraftwerk singles from The Mott Collection, and includes an essay and an exclusive 7” single of a rare Kraftwerk interview.

http://www.factmag.com/2012/08/15/the-vinyl-factory-announces-kraftwerk-45rpm-exhibition-abd-book/

RadioBeach #44587 08/22/12 08:43 AM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
..read soem not very nice things about that . .yes, a cash-in, especially as some of the covers on display are pretty rough quality (apparently) ..

MemberD #44589 08/22/12 09:58 AM
It's funny that we grew up with the vinyl format and now it's simultaneously being looked at as a fascinating relic from the past – fit for gallery walls and the like, and also becoming widely distributed and available once again.

RadioBeach #45228 12/16/12 09:49 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Click, click, drone

In an extensive new interview with David Buckley for his book Kraftwerk : Publikation, John Foxx goes on a bit about electronic music, Stockhausen, Dad's Army and all things German

Fabulous piece. Full transcript here:

http://www.david-buckley.com/news.html

There's also a chance to win David's new book, in a proper competition...

Which I did!!!

Can you believe it?? Buckley has just been in touch to advise that Mr Karl Bartos selected my entry as second best overall in the competition to describe Kraftwerk in 8 words:

Radiodelic trans-neon disko art music, or 'sonic tailoring'

So, thanks to John Foxx for the inspiration.
Seems we can write in similar ways

Happy Christmas to me :-D

Birdsong #45229 12/17/12 10:58 AM
C
C
well done Martin, and neat that someone from the forum was successful smile

Birdsong #45232 12/17/12 02:33 PM
Yay! Fantastic News! I saw the book in Rough Trade East a few weeks ago - just from a skim, it looks pretty definitive to me!

Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.