Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
In case anyone’s interested, Fashion have reformed…erm…sort of…

Original lead singer Luke Sky has taken it upon himself to re-issue the debut Product Perfect – I’ve not heard it, but I gather it’s a needle drop and not from the original master tapes (owned by Fashion, but probably ended up stateside with IRS when the US issue was released).

The PR blurb for this is quite funny (see below) - it’s quickly evident that the reformation is actually…well, just Luke Sky!

FASHION REFORM FOR NEW ALBUM

Luke Sky has decided to reform Fashion for a new album. Given that 2 of the original band are dead and one is missing, this will take a bit of doing.

So I've started by writing and recording "Shining Son" and "Calling" - all instruments/vocals: Luke Sky

The new album – STAIRWAY TO NOWHERE - a remote virtual space recording project – should be available later this year.

The album will be written, recorded, and produced by:

Luke Sky – guitars / keyboards / drums / bass / vocals

With additional help from:
Vuk Pavlovik (Nature's Pocket) - drums
Bàlcöny (Billy MacKenzie) – mastering and tech guru

http://www.myspace.com/fashionlukesky

:rolleyes:

Thanks for the tip-off Rads.

(apologies but I have no re-collection of them whatsoever... confused )

OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
(apologies but I have no re-collection of them whatsoever... confused )
Ha! And 99% of the population would agree with you!

In a nutshell - proto-New Romantic outfit from Birmingham (Duran Duran were their support band). First two incarnations good (Mk1.Product Perfect; Mk2. Fabrique), third incarnation (Twilight of Idols)...beyond awful.

Biggest hits (and I'm stretching the word 'hits' here) were from the Mk2 outfit - 'Move On', 'Streetplayer (Mekanik)' and 'Love Shadow' featuring Gina x - Mk2 Fashion were produced by Zeus B. Held (Gina X, John Foxx).

Mk1 were more sort of dub punk/New Wave...Mk3 were just...well...sh**e.

the early stuff had its place in rock "history". I found it very difficult to categorise them. Lots of eyeliner, lots of black PVC, lots of "I'm tough" poses for cameras.

I did like them (at that time) because they didn't slot in anywhere, but then the music became, well, just bland.

I have some vinyl, and bought the "Height of Fashion" a good while back on CD. Luke Sky doesn't appear to be credited with songwriting on the stuff I have, so I wonder what on earth could be coming.

As for "reform", maybe it is Luke who has become a "reformed" character?

Interesting topic, thanks for posting!

Interesting news. I have Product Perfect on vinyl.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.