Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12
There's also a new track available on UK itunes, "Oh Well (Black Light Odyssey Dub)"

(grrrr. I knew nobody reads my blog... :p )

itunes also introducing this "i-tunes pass" idea with new DM material .. not sure if it's going to be used outside the US but anyway I'm a little wary of these marketing ploys...

read here

T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
[b] Please see:

http://www.depechemode.com/sotu.html

for details of the "Deluxe" box set.

Equal parts drooling and anticipating feeling pissed-off, because no doubt this will cost a very pretty penny. Anyone else tempted to buy the bog standard version in the supermarket and somehow "acquire" the bonus tracks??

Admittedly, it looks like it will be a nice package for the fan. Better than some deluxe editions' paltry additions. Also, for once, I like both the artwork and the typeface used, which hasn't happened for a long time with Depeche Mode.

What's the phrase? "Rant over".
Yes I agree the box thing is well drool-worthy. Probably a way of stopping people not buying records. I'm against this kind of "luxury" object only meant for the elite (music for the mases ..not) but then again....

[/b]
It looks good too! Not sure I need a book of "candid photography" but, anyway, sold. How limited will this be? I guess there will be several thousand at least.

It does seem that every man and his dog is going deluxe. Sorry U2, much as I am looking forward to your new album, I don't wish to purchase it with a book or with a magazine, not at those prices! It's the jewel case for me. As cheaply as possible.

Off-topic slightly, but the Depeche Mode and new Pet Shop Boys covers seem very similar to me.

Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:

Off-topic slightly, but the Depeche Mode and new Pet Shop Boys covers seem very similar to me.
mmm..interesting remark actually Puds. Hadn't thought of that.

The video for Wrong is up on youtube and myspace video
youtube

my space video

scarey! eek

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
There's no-one driving!

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh yes there is - it's Tom Cruise from Vanilla Sky! laugh

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Actually that's quite horrific! eek

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Oh yes there is - it's Tom Cruise from Vanilla Sky! laugh
ha ha! Exactly what I thought! It has something of Eyes Wide Shut too.

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm undecided about the song at the moment - I quite like it, but I don't think it's as good as "Precious" for a lead single.

Although I do think it echoes their earlier work like Black Celebration or Music for the Masses, which can only be a good thing.

N
N
Just ordered the box set from Mute. £59.99. eek

Page 3 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 12

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.