Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
And no announcements for the Netherlands! The homecountry of their imagebuilder Anton Corbijn (who proudly introduced them in Dutch and walked on stage at their last performance in Rotterdam shooting vids)!! mad

Bought 2 tickets for the Hamburg gig for a couple of days. They cost 65 Euros each including a return bus/tube ticket.
I saw them for a couple of years and the gig was great, though the weather was **** (was an openair gig). wink

New album confirmed for 21st April 09:

Sounds of the Universe

"Eclectic and energized, the band's new release is their most dazzling and diverse album in decades. "

:rolleyes:

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
That sounds really exciting!

I liked Playing the Angel a lot, but I've been thinking for a while they ought to embrace their past sound a little more.

T
T
Yeah, looking forward to this one. It seems Gore has written about 3/4 of the songs again. I think this is probably for the best, but then "Suffer Well" was a really good Gahan co-write.

Sounds Of The Universe is now available to pre-order (£9.99 at Play).

I think a deluxe version containing extra material that was recorded at the same time is also in the pipeline.

T
T
Please see:

http://www.depechemode.com/sotu.html

for details of the "Deluxe" box set.

Equal parts drooling and anticipating feeling pissed-off, because no doubt this will cost a very pretty penny. Anyone else tempted to buy the bog standard version in the supermarket and somehow "acquire" the bonus tracks??

Admittedly, it looks like it will be a nice package for the fan. Better than some deluxe editions' paltry additions. Also, for once, I like both the artwork and the typeface used, which hasn't happened for a long time with Depeche Mode.

What's the phrase? "Rant over".

I quite liked the last one, but I hope this is going to be a knock-your-socks off DM album.

It'd be nice to see them come to Melbourne...although I have a feeling that it would be a little stadium-ey for my tastes, with Dave Gahan yelling "AWRIGHT MEL-BURN!" and Martin Gore stealing our womenfolk...

I'll enter the Fletch lookalike contest that will inevitably precede the gig, if they do.

Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
Please see:

http://www.depechemode.com/sotu.html

for details of the "Deluxe" box set.

Equal parts drooling and anticipating feeling pissed-off, because no doubt this will cost a very pretty penny. Anyone else tempted to buy the bog standard version in the supermarket and somehow "acquire" the bonus tracks??

Admittedly, it looks like it will be a nice package for the fan. Better than some deluxe editions' paltry additions. Also, for once, I like both the artwork and the typeface used, which hasn't happened for a long time with Depeche Mode.

What's the phrase? "Rant over".
Yes I agree the box thing is well drool-worthy. Probably a way of stopping people not buying records. I'm against this kind of "luxury" object only meant for the elite (music for the mases ..not) but then again....

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
First taster of the album here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2GaCnAiuvo

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.