Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
The Depeche Woes continue:

----
DEPECHE MODE FORCED TO CANCEL APPEARANCE AT CRICKET WIRELESS AMPHITHEATER TONIGHT DUE TO DOCTOR'S ORDERS FOR CONTINUED VOCAL REST

Depeche Mode has been forced to cancel their appearance tonight, Friday, August 14th at Cricket Wireless Amphitheater in San Diego due to doctor's orders that lead singer Dave Gahan continue on complete vocal rest. Because of their busy schedule, a new San Diego date will not be rescheduled this year.

"We are incredibly disappointed to not be able to perform for our fans tonight in San Diego," said Dave Gahan. "We hope to be back soon to play for all our fans in the area."

Refunds will be issued at the point of purchase.

The tour will resume on Sunday with the band's sold out two night stand at the Hollywood Bowl.
----

Is this tour trying to kill Dave?! How many dates cancelled now - this is insane. Poor Dave, he's only human.

It must be very frustrating for the band and disappointing for the fans. Let's hope Dave is back in action soon.

I went to see Depeche Mode at the LG Arena in Birmingham last night. This was my first time at a DM show, and also the first time at this venue.

The set-list was very similar to that already reported earlier in this thread, although they have dropped Peace( frown ), and they finished with Personal Jesus. Martin Gore did three solos (with Dave Gahan off stage), and I’m wondering if the tweaking of the set-list was aimed at giving Dave a breather?

It’s difficult getting the same atmosphere in a venue this size compared with the smaller shows. You lose the personal connection that you get when you a close up to the artist. That is my only criticism, and I guess it comes with the territory.

Most of the audience seemed to have more enthusiasm to get up and dance to the older stuff, being more subdued during the material from the last two albums. I was the exact opposite, having taken it upon myself to purchase their stuff in reverse order, I felt most at home with the newer songs.

Anyway, having experienced the ‘big arena’, I definitely prefer the more personal touch of my local venues.

Seems to be the general consensus Mike and yes Gore vocal tracks very much to the fore throughout the tour as Gahan takes a "breather" (or whatever he has to take).
Everyone seems disappointed by lack of 'Peace' too which has that kind of stadium crowd anthem feel to it, but only done very early in the tour then dropped. You can imagine Gahan pointing the mike to the crowd as they all go "peaaaceee..wiiiillll...cooooome . toooo ..meeeeee".

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Hmm. I can only assume the CD is gold plated, and Dave Gahan will deliver it personally, stay for a cup of tea and a slice of cake, and later reveal that Alan WIlder is actually in the box, and has been since 1993.

M
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Hmm. I can only assume the CD is gold plated, and Dave Gahan will deliver it personally, stay for a cup of tea and a slice of cake, and later reveal that Alan WIlder is actually in the box, and has been since 1993.
laugh

Administrator
Administrator
Depeche Mode have announced plans to release a 21-track DVD live from Barcelona
(information from NME) http://www.nme.com/news/depeche-mode/53114

DVD1
In Chains
Wrong
Hole To Feed
Walking In My Shoes
It's No Good
A Question Of Time
Precious'
Fly On The Windscreen
Jezebel
Home
Come Back
Policy Of Truth
In Your Room
I Feel You
Enjoy The Silence
Never Let Me Down Again
Dressed In Black
Stripped
Behind The Wheel
Personal Jesus
Waiting For The Night

Bonus tracks
World In My Eyes
Sister Of Night
Miles Away / The Truth Is
One Caress

DVD2
Tour Of The Universe Screens
In Chains
Walking In My Shoes
Precious
Come Back
Policy Of Truth
Enjoy The Silence
Personal Jesus

Tour Of The Universe / Rehearsals
Wrong
Walking In My Shoes

Bonus tracks
Insight
Hole To Feed
Behind The Wheel
Never Let Me Down Again

Sounds Of The Universe - Videos
Wrong
Peace
Hole To Feed
Fragile Tension

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Thanks Martin .. although I did see them live this time and wasn't very impressed..I might go for this, even if just for the extras.
smile

Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
That reminds me, I still haven't watched my Touring the Angel DVD!

I think my days of buying music DVDs are over. Seldom find the time nor motivation... which is funny, considering at one point in time, I used to watch DVDs whilst I was having breakfast!!

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.