Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
I wouldn't mind seeing the old post count feature back as well. You know - the one where you could see how many posts everyone had made in the life time of the site. I think some folk were up to around two thousand posts when the old site went away.

Last edited by MikeG; 08/11/11 07:57 PM.
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
OK Mike, thanks

Something else to look for.
Can't promise anything, but it will be worth a rummage...

Mx

Last edited by Birdsong; 08/11/11 05:39 PM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
H
H
Without wishing to denigrate Martin (and previously Rob's) efforts, I do find the layout of the forum very confusing and unnecessary. There are too many subforums which don't justify having their own forum and where no-one has posted for months, which tends to clutter up the screen as well as confuse the user.

As a simple example, if I want to start a thread about a positive review of the John Foxx and the Maths album (or tour), should I post it in "John Foxx news", "John Foxx", "John Foxx and the Maths", "Collaborations" or even "Media and press"?

I would prefer a much simpler layout - just 3 categories "John Foxx" (for threads about John or any of his collaborators), "Non-John Foxx" (for threads about other artists and non-music topics) and "Announcements". So much more streamlined!

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
That's a fair point Herbert. But isn't that like just having three boxes and putting everything in??
We've organised it like this so that people can find 'forums' ont he home page rather than 'threads' within forums the next layer down.

Others have identified that one or two forums overlap, which supports your case though. One to re-visit...

In the meantime, post your review/link in Media and Press.
That helps me to build up the Archive for use later on this site...

I'll discuss with Rob how best we can address this. Thanks

Mx

Last edited by Birdsong; 09/01/11 07:15 AM.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Recently I seem unable to access the forum at home in the evenings, when it's been fine all day at work. I wonder if my ISP is blocking it, or has anybody else been unable to access it in the evening?

Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
I've not heard anyone else with this problem.

I presume you use a different computer at home, with a different IP address etc - or do you mean that you work from home and there is a time of day when the forum won't let you in?

Try accessing from the blocked computer in the day time if you get a chance to eliminate the 'time of day' issue.

Then otherwise I dunno - empty cache? Remove cookies? IT's not my thing - but good luck. I don't think there's an issue 'our end'

Mx

It's a different computer at home, different IP and different ISP.
It's always been fine in the past... just this week.

I'll give a try to the cache and cookies, you never know!

C
C
Originally Posted By: Alex S
Recently I seem unable to access the forum at home in the evenings, when it's been fine all day at work. I wonder if my ISP is blocking it, or has anybody else been unable to access it in the evening?

Since we've had the new-look forum I've increasingly had a similar problem, its always in the evenings, and I sometimes cannot get the forum to launch, or if I've been in a thread and come back to the main list and then click on another thread I get the 'unable to connect' message.
I use a mac, and admittedly there is a situation in my area where Sky has to piggyback on a BT exchange thats not as fast as elsewhere, but I never had any difficulty with accessing the forum prior to its change.

I'm with Talk Talk at home - I get a Talk Talk error message page saying it couldn't find the page.

I use a mac both at home and at work.

C
C
I've got one of the intel imacs from 2006, changed a while back to browsing with Firefox as there was some kind of issue with Safari on the level of mac that I have.
I'm sure to get one of those messages soon - I'll take note of exactly what its says as I think I'm wrong in my earlier post and it likely says unable to find the page.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.