Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#17779 10/09/08 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
..which obviously raises the question "Is anything actually ever "free"?"
wink
Only us, when we play 'The Garden' on an ipod. smile wink

#17780 10/10/08 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Quote:
[b] ..which obviously raises the question "Is anything actually ever "free"?"
wink
Only us, when we play 'The Garden' on an ipod. smile wink [/b]
That is a great sentiment and very true. smile smile

#17781 11/25/08 03:40 PM
OP Offline
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

The controversial New Order reissues saga takes another interesting turn.

Power, Corruption & Lies, Low Life and Technique are now only available on Amazon through the ‘Used & New’ section.

Not sure what this means regarding refund/exchange issues on the original copies that have been sold, but clearly Rhino have now recognised the problem and say that there will be new reissues in early 2009.

Movement and Brotherhood have as many issues as the others but have yet to be pulled. I noticed the other week that HMV had also pulled the stock from their Oxford Street branches also.

Gazza

#17782 11/26/08 07:59 AM
Sound like a classic case of 'product recall' for which all manufacturer's should be ready for, whether it's a dodgy batch of frozen peas, a faulty gasket on a Mercedes or a duff NewOrder record...

But as I've said in me blog it's def a case of major multi-national botching up a job .. not so in the case of Foxx/Ultravox remasters which are clearly the fruits of fan-based labours of love.

Warner: take the shame!

#17783 11/26/08 02:51 PM
OP Offline
This is coming out next year from Rhino – I’m getting fatigue just thinking about it. I won’t get it as most of these tracks are widely available elsewhere – there’s hardly any rarities, a clear indication that all the milking of the Factory back catalogue has left nothing in the cash cow.

Considering Rhino's recent form with all things New Order, I'll be expecting a 'faults n all' page on neworderonline come February.

It's worth bearing in mind though that the Joy Division remasters issued just over a year ago were handled by the same company involving the same suspects (New Order, Jon Wozencroft, Paul Morley, Peter Saville etc.) and there's not a single thing wrong with them.

#17784 01/07/09 03:59 PM
OP Offline
Currently on EBay - seller states that it's an original Emulator floppy belonging to New Order;

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/joy-division-new-o...3|39:1|240:1318

#17785 03/09/09 01:53 PM
OP Offline
If anyone is interested (is anyone still interested in the Factory cash-cow?) the
Corrected New Order Rhino reissues will be out in April.

So that's the Re-masters of the remasters - what Factory catalogue no. are they gonna give them? May I suggest that these are FAC-ED 2? wink

#17786 03/28/11 10:00 AM
..New Order, Joy Division, OMITD, ACR, et al..all here at the great Factory Record Exhibition - in a pub.
smile

#17787 03/28/11 10:02 AM
Quote:
..New Order, Joy Division, OMITD, ACR, et al..all here at the great Factory Record Exhibition - in a pub.
smile
How many FACs have YOU got?

RadioBeach #42748 03/09/12 02:49 PM
OP Offline
And World War NO continues... donning flak-jacket to deliver this special report;

'New Order are miming, claims Peter HookHook accuses his former band's new bass player of miming his guitar parts by using a backing tape onstage'

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/mar/07/new-order-peter-hook

Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.