Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#17739 09/04/08 08:48 PM
C
C
I'm thinking about it. Shall I go for a new order? laugh It'll have to wait for the new year! :rolleyes:

The bonus discs make the albums more complete but most of the stuff we have somewhere in compilations and other rare releases.

Video 586 could have formed part of the bonus disc of PCL, perhaps there wasn't enough space. The tracks already there are fundamental to PCL.

New Order still happens to be one of my favourite bands so I'll add these to my collection at one point together with the Joy Division reissues.

Chris wink

#17740 09/04/08 09:31 PM
T
T
According to Mojo, "Rather than the alternative versions or live material that often bulk out such things, the reissues will simply unite the albums with their contemporary singles and B-sides, giving a more in-depth view of each release [...]"

This sounds like a marketing man making the best of a potentially missed opportunity. :rolleyes:

Having said that, I only have Brotherhood on CD so I will probably be tempted to invest, at least in PC&L and Technique. Nice to see the long version of "Elegia" (previously on the extra disc of the Retro boxset) making a reappearance.

#17741 09/05/08 07:37 AM
Thanks for the round-up RadioB; still think I'll go for Movement and Technique in primis in primis as they have the most stuff I don't already have on compact disc. A kind of 'bookend' effect.

(BTW I see the JD collector's editions are on offer in HMV..cough cough..)

#17742 09/05/08 05:15 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
I would have passed on these entirely but then I read the small print in your post re 'live shows from that era'.

I then further read 'live they were a bit of a shambles' so to be honest I am totally undecided at this point.
They probably were not the tightest of live bands but they were always quite fascinating - Taras Shevchenko is worth checking out, there was another live video as well I think (from the '80s). Live on Top of the Pops they were one of the few not to mime, they also did a live video for "The Perfect Kiss". Furthermore, Barney would often alter the lyrics as well which was amusing.

#17743 09/05/08 05:46 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Funnily enough, there are three major bands whose output has never significantly appealed to me.

These are New Order, Simple Minds and U2. Can't explain it really

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#17744 09/08/08 06:46 AM
I have to agree with C Puddle. There's nothing particularly 'spectacular' about their live "shows" (à la U2) but they always seem(ed) to pull it off. I would also recommend the two live DVDs although I haven't seen the latest one.

#17745 09/30/08 04:37 PM
OP Offline
Has anyone got these yet? They get a thorough roasting over at NewOrderOnline eek

#17746 09/30/08 10:55 PM
I have decided NOT to get them. I recently got several unremastered ones in the bargain bin. That is good enough for me.

#17747 10/01/08 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Has anyone got these yet? They get a thorough roasting over at NewOrderOnline eek
Blimey, that bunch are even more anorak-y than us! Blue Monday missing beats, channels reversed on Ceremony and all that! Mind you I'll be a bit miffed if the versions of Temptation on the Movement bonus disc are NOT the original 7"/12" ones... eek

#17748 10/01/08 08:32 AM
BTW I see it's New Order week on Radcliffe/Maconie (Radio 2) .. http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio2/shows/radcliffemaconie/insession.shtml
..are they actually playing things? nice to see Gillian's back. wink

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.