Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
OP Offline
The music I've received so far for the show/album reflects different aspects of John's music. I hope to receive a cross section of material in terms of styles of era influences.

OP Offline
Just a quick update on the Robo Cast John Foxx special show. Lots of great tracks already received (and additional audio soundbytes from some of the artists) and I'm waiting for a few to complete their electro masterpieces.

I've been in contact with Anne Clark's management. I will be sending some questions to Anne in the form of a text interview about her time working with John on the Pressure Points album. I want to put the answers into the shows blog details and website. I also have a remixed track (Full Moon Club Mix) for the show from Anne's new album "THE SMALLEST ACTS OF KINDNESS" (her first album of original material in over a decade). This is out in September.

So, if anyone would like me to ask Anne about the Pressure Points album, her time working with John or any other related questions please let me know as soon as possible. Sorry this is very short notice but I've only just been informed about this and I want to get the questions into her tomorrow morning. I have prepared my own questions but the forum members may want to chip in. Post your questions to this thread and I'll check for any replies Thursday morning.

Cheers,

Ian

OP Offline
Hi Everyone, just a quick update.

We’ve had a fantastic response from the participating artists. Most of the tracks have been submitted. I'm waiting for a few artists who have been working on brand new tracks for this exciting project. We’ve set a deadline of the 14th July for the remaining tracks and they should all meet that deadline. It’s going to be a fantastic bumper show, with some wonderful John Foxx inspired music and a few surprises!!

We quickly decided this would not become a “tribute” show/CD in the traditional sense, as the tracks are all original and “inspired by” John’s work. This makes this project even more exciting.

The aim is to have the show and CD project ready by early August.

The project title is – “Here We Go – The Other Side Of Metal Beat”
This is a combination of suggestions from Rob and Gary Hunter. Thanks to everyone else who sent in suggestions.

I’ll post additional information when all the tracks are in.

Cheers,

Ian
smile

OP Offline
Well, all expected tracks are in and I've started to create this very special Robo Cast Radio show. All the tracks have been sent to Matt (Toffetones label) to create the CD element of this exciting project.

The show will feature several artists from the forum who have created their own original tracks, taking influence or inspiration from the work of John Foxx. We also have a couple of very special exclusives from John Foxx associates past and present!! I won't spoil the surprise, you'll have to wait for the show and CD. Plus the Robo Cast website will include an interview with Anne Clark. The interview is mainly discussing Anne's 1985 album Pressure Points.

We are aiming to have the show and CD ready at the same time in early August. The show and CD will not be identical. We will have some different tracks on the CD for added interest.

I'll keep you posted when the show and CD are ready for release smile

Cheers,

Ian - Robo Cast Radio - http://www.robocastradio.co.uk/latestshow.html
(& Future Daze)

Administrator
Administrator
I'm really looking forward to this.

Thanks to Ian and everyone involved in pulling it together

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
It's a very exciting thing to be a part of - can't wait!

OP Offline
After discussions with Matt (Toffeetones Label) the release date for the show and CD will be 25th August. I’ll post more details of the artists and tracks soon. The show will feature some different tracks to the CD from the contributing artists.

This is going to be very special smile

Cheers,

Ian

L
L
Can't wait!!
It will be fascinating to hear the contributions that everyone has made.
I am thrilled to be involved too! laugh

I'm looking forward to this as well.
Glad to be involved laugh

H Offline
How about calling the CD
"The pleasures of eccentricity"

H

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.