Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#17333 03/28/11 05:18 PM
C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Just seen this
Can I pre-order this from Townsend?

laugh

#17334 03/28/11 05:33 PM
Sorry to break it to you Core, but not everything comes from Townsend Records.

Unfortunately nobody knows if Toy will ever get an official release. Even if 7 tracks from it have appeared on b-sides or as bonus tracks etc, I think it at least deserves an official release with nice artwork - if not just to snub Virgin for rejecting it back in 2000!

#17335 03/28/11 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott:
Very interesting. This would be great to hear.
It is good quality and it is an interesting collection of tracks, although several of them have been finished and released:

"Afraid" and "Uncle Flloyd" were re-recorded for Heathen, the latter being renamed "Slip Away.

"Conversation Piece" was a bonus track on Heathen, "Baby Loves That Way", "You've Got A Habit Of Leaving" and "Shadow Man" were all used as b-sides to the Heathen singles, and "Your Turn To Drive" was on the American iTunes as a download.

But there are other interesting tracks such as the new versions of "Hole in the Ground" and "In the Heat of the Morning" that deserve to be heard.

Surely in Bowie's position with his own label, it wouldn't be too difficult to release it - I'm sure every Bowie die-hard would buy it, so thats an extra few million dollars for him just there! laugh

#17336 04/03/11 02:09 PM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:

Surely in Bowie's position with his own label, it wouldn't be too difficult to release it - I'm sure every Bowie die-hard would buy it, so thats an extra few million dollars for him just there! laugh
I have often thought the same thing but maybe he is too used to the traditional distribution and promotional support of a major label (Columbia in recent years) to go through with it?

I'm still waiting for "2. Contamination".

#17337 04/04/11 09:47 AM
I've been waiting for "2. Contamination" and "3. Africa" since the late 90s!!!

Bowie should never have told everyone that he intended to release a follow-up to 1.Outside every year up until the millennium!!

Hopefully one day there might be at least one follow-up though, since he is still apparently very much into the project and there is so much un-used material from the initial sessions.

#17338 04/04/11 03:45 PM
S
S
From N.M.E

David Bowie will release a new EP featuring remixes of his 1975 single 'Golden Years' on June 6.

As well as the original title track, the EP will feature four remixes by DJs Jeremy Sole, Anthony Valadez, Eric J Lawrence and Chris Douridas from US radio station KCRW.

Bowie will also make a 'Golden Years' iPhone app available on the same day that the EP is released. It has been created by 'Station To Station' producer Harry Maslin and will allow fans to remix their own version of the track.

KCRW are streaming a preview of the 'David Bowie Vs KCRW Golden Years' EP online at Blogs.kcrw.com.

MemberD #40652 07/14/11 09:12 AM
Bowie's long-standing pianist, Mike Garson, is about o release The Bowie Variations, an album of his own solo piano interpretations of songs from all parts of Bowie's career.

Good interview and a free download of "Let's Dance" here:
http://indieethos.wordpress.com/

MemberD #41026 09/07/11 02:32 PM
Uncut have just published a new Bowie special, re-appraising every album. Just bought it - looks great!

Alex S #44344 06/12/12 09:36 AM
It's David Bowie night on BBC Four on 22nd June.

They will be showing:
The new Ziggy Stardust documentary
D.A. Pennebaker's classic Hammersmith Odeon 'farewell' concert from '73
Bowie At the Beeb (2000)
And The Genius of Bowie, a compilation programme

Alex S #44345 06/12/12 02:49 PM
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline
Sounds like a great night on telly Alex .. ta for the tip.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.