Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
[b] ...Especially now that Visage are working on new songs.
eek really? [/b]
You need to join E.V. Garry. wink

Quote:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b] ...Especially now that Visage are working on new songs.
eek really? [/b]
You need to join E.V. Garry. wink [/b]
Heh! Cheers Newvox!

If I do, I'll be the first to start a 'DO NOT RE-ISSUE THE STRANGE CRUISE ALBUM! NEVER NEVER EVER RE-ISSUE THE STRANGE CRUISE ALBUM! EVER!' thread

M
M
Hmmm.. I may be wrong but I'm sensing that you don't like Strange Cruise album.

Garry, you will have to think of something else. eek

http://www.ultravox.org.uk/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=28;t=000094

Quote:
Garry, you will have to think of something else. eek

Ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! brilliant! Glad I'm not the only one!

If you've not heard it - you are very, very lucky. I found a promo copy in Camden two weeks before its release date (was it actually ever released?) - I had a sense of forboding when all I had to pay for it was 50p! Imagine all the worst parts of 'Beat Boy' (sax, guitars...basically the tracks JJ Jecczalik wasn't on) mixed with the evil that is Wang Chung and that nasty, tinny guitar / sax-jazz era of Johnny Hates Jazz etc were all found on a master tape in a skip and then you got Strange in to record the vocals whilst he's "not quite checking into Reality Hotel just yet" and you're halfway, just halfway to how bad it was.

Even the words 'Strange' and 'Cruise' to this day give me a 1000 yard viet veteran stare - just swap "LOOK OUT! CHARLIE IN THE BUSH!" for "LOOK OUT! STRANGE DOING JAZZ ROCK!"

I'm saying this from the one searing memory of playing it only once 20+ years ago...perhaps it got better with age...ha! who am I kidding!?

And whatever happened to Wendy Cruise?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
Hmmm.. I may be wrong but I'm sensing that you don't like Strange Cruise album.
Your spider-sense is tinglin' Illektrik! wink laugh

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Garry, you will have to think of something else. eek

Ha! ha! ha! ha! ha! brilliant! Glad I'm not the only one!

If you've not heard it - you are very, very lucky. I found a promo copy in Camden two weeks before its release date (was it actually ever released?) - I had a sense of forboding when all I had to pay for it was 50p! Imagine all the worst parts of 'Beat Boy' (sax, guitars...basically the tracks JJ Jecczalik wasn't on) mixed with the evil that is Wang Chung and that nasty, tinny guitar / sax-jazz era of Johnny Hates Jazz etc were all found on a master tape in a skip and then you got Strange in to record the vocals whilst he's "not quite checking into Reality Hotel just yet" and you're halfway, just halfway to how bad it was.

Even the words 'Strange' and 'Cruise' to this day give me a 1000 yard viet veteran stare - just swap "LOOK OUT! CHARLIE IN THE BUSH!" for "LOOK OUT! STRANGE DOING JAZZ ROCK!"

I'm saying this from the one searing memory of playing it only once 20+ years ago...perhaps it got better with age...ha! who am I kidding!?

And whatever happened to Wendy Cruise? [/b]
I'm intrigued in a morbid fascination kind of way. I now have to hear this album...

smile

yeah me 'n all .. I see there's a rapidshare link on the EV thread .. I might just be tempted ..
it's the usual story ..you have to experience the 'ugly' to appreciate 'beauty' ..

maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, my first purchase of a 2008 release is a disappointment. BSP: Do You Like Rock Music? is no Open Season so this one will NOT be included here.

I'm looking forward to 'Quaristice' the new one from Autechre - even if opinion on it is divided, they'll usually get my vote of confidence as they're constantly innovative.

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.