Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11
maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Now if 'The Garden' was released this year i would not be able to pick the best from John's and Numan's.
I would not be able to choose either. I will simply rate both of them #1 reissues of the year.
As for OMD......

Yeah, to my mind Replicas has the biggest worldwide reputation and the most important change in direction for Numan, and The Garden was typical quality from John and superior in its song writing, from said Replicas. confused

T
T
Aidan John Moffat "I Can Hear Your Heart", for the packaging/sleeve design alone. Have yet to actually PLAY it of course. :p

Hayden's new one. Again, haven't actually PLAYED it yet. :p

I have also ordered the new Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds record. Should arrive Tuesday. Won't actually PLAY it for a little while. :p

I also like the look of the new Goldfrapp, nice photography but haven't actually heard any of it yet. laugh

Anticipation is a good thing ...

Administrator
Administrator
These last two are on my list as well.
Nick Cave's new release Dig Lazarus Dig
is especially interesting.

I expect to be impressed with this one, as much as I expect to be disappointed with Goldfrapp. They are are on their last chance with me before I give up all hope for them.
It would be good to be wrong...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Mornin' all,

Am I the last to know 'The Anvil' gets re-issued TODAY!??

Visage, The Anvil,CRPOP6

The long overdue reissue of this classic 1982 album 'The Anvil', by the pioneers of the New Romantic movement, Visage.

The album reached No.6 in the UK album charts. The album produced two hit singles for the band, 'The Damned Don't Cry' (No.11) and 'Night Train' (No.12). Visage were a super group of their day, formed by Steve Strange and ex-Rich Kid Rusty Egan, they recruited Billy Currie and Midge Ure from Ultravox, Dave Formula and Barry
Adamson from Magazine and John McGeogh from Siouxsie & The Banshees.

Together they produced 2 innovative and commercially successful albums with the resulting 5 hit singles. This CD reissue features 6 bonus tracks not included on the original 9 track release. These include dance mixes of the hit singles 'Mind Of A Toy' and 'The Damned Don't Cry' and the rare b-sides 'Motivation' and 'I'm Still Searching'. The CD booklet features sleeve notes, discography and all the single sleeves taken from the original album. As the leading lights of the New Romantic movement, Visage's legacy is lasting. The band's reputation for producing quality electronic pop lives on.

The Damned Don't Cry / Anvil (Night Club School) / Move Up / Night Train / The Horseman / Look What They've Done / Again We Love / Wild Life / Whispers / Bonus Tracks We Move (Dance Mix) / Frequency 7 (Dance Mix) / The Damned Don't Cry (Dance Mix) / Motivation / I'm Still Searching / The Mind Of A Toy (Dance Mix)

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/newreleases.php
eek laugh

I hope it's been remastered properly and the Peter Saville/Helmut Newton artwork hasn't been messed about with.

Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
Mornin' all,

Am I the last to know 'The Anvil' gets re-issued TODAY!??
Morning Garry,

Not the last no, but those of us that do know are already i bit miffed by the track selection too. Theres been talk on 'many forums' but the main one being good old E.V.

Hi Newvox,

Yeah I thought the tracklisting was odd too so I did a bit of digging - this is not a good sign;

http://www.cherryred.co.uk/crzone/can_you_help_us.php

frown

I've read elsewhere that some Cherry Red CDs are ripped from the vinyl and not direct from the master tapes! I don't own many Cherry Red CDs but the artwork repro is poor and the sound quality also.

Ive had a few cds from Cherry Red Garry, and i always think of them as a label that relys on compilations etc. I dont know about ripping from vinyl, but i would say for them they dont try milking Ultravox's back catalogue like Disky and a few others did. My main concern with this release is that it dont detract from the possible 'real' remasters that people have been wanting. Especially now that Visage are working on new songs.

Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
...Especially now that Visage are working on new songs.
eek really?

Administrator
Administrator
Without meaning to break the thread, I have just been shopping invested my son's pocket money in the following albums:-

Nick Cave and the Bad SeedsDig Lazarus Dig
Went for the limited edition with booklet.
Doesn't seem worth the extra money...

Barbara A l'Atelier
Looking forward to this. A real bonus that just happened to be lurking in HMV!! Beautifully packaged with photos, biographical notes etc. which is ironic compared to...

Goldfrapp Seventh Tree
Judging by appearances only (I know, I know...) this is not looking hopeful. Pile em high, sell em cheap.
I hope I can get over my reservations.
But at point of sale, this is already onto a loser

A few interesting nights ahead checking these out. Twenty years from now, my son will understand. wink

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 2 of 11 1 2 3 4 10 11

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.