Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
#15406 02/22/08 12:49 PM
maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
Well, it IS 2 months into the new year. Any finds yet confused

The Archive
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Well, it IS 2 months into the new year. Any finds yet confused
Nothing that immediately springs to mind - however, I've just found out that David Byrne has re-issued his album (Music For) The Knee Plays . This has long been one of my favourites, and I was led to understand that it was never going to make its way onto CD - but it has... laugh

Originally written as interludes for Robert Wilson's 'CivilWars' opera more than twenty years ago, 'The Knee Plays' are released on CD for the first time. Former Talking Heads frontman David Byrne has also recorded some previously unreleased material for the album of New Orleans influenced, brass based music. The package also includes a DVD of the music set to a slideshow of 400 black and white photographs of the opera's production shot at 30-second intervals.

Anyhow, I've already ordered my copy... wink

Rob

Ooh I've never heard that one!

N
N
Porcupine Tree - We Lost The Skyline

Mr Wilson on guitar doing some PT tracks. Very good indeed!

Administrator
Administrator
Baby Dee - Safe inside The Day

It has taken a while to get to grips with this album, and I week or so ago I was despairing of it and experiencing misunderstandings and disappointment.
That has inevitably turned out to be a good sign.
This is Dee's most accomplished album to date, and her first in collaboration with other musicians, including the sublime Will Oldham.
This is an intensely personal work, humorous, wistful and at times painfully honest. Dee can be nothing else,and immerses herself in the art of performance in a way that few others dare these days.
The extreme tenderness and fraility of Dee's voice can at first seem upalatable and its definitely an acquired taste, but patience and understanding brings sincere reward.

Fans of marc almond, anthony hegarty, current 93, bonnie prince billy etc should find this a refreshing challenge.

Be brave - try something different
I must confess, I cried...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Ive not found any good re-issues so far this year,
buy ive a good idea what they will be. Dont we. smile

maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
Ive not found any good re-issues so far this year,
buy ive a good idea what they will be. Dont we. smile
Yes, we do. smile

You, me, and everyone. laugh

It will be the Numan and OMD releases, thats for sure.

maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
And hopefully some surprises from Mr Foxx.

Numan's - 'Replicas Redux' has to be my favourite so far this year, and probably for the rest of it too. Still looking forward to the OMD next though. Now if 'The Garden' was released this year i would not be able to pick the best from John's and Numan's. confused eek

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.