Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
H
H
Quote:
Originally posted by MintyTux:
Obviously the appearance of the little " laugh " seems to have passed you by.
My, my, 3 little words caused you to write all that.... :rolleyes:

John can release, re-release whatever he wants, there's no gun at your head to buy it.
It just seems that every time there is some sort of reissue, then the same few people can't resist a moan. I've got an idea for them, if you don't feel it's worth buying, then don't buy it... Sorted!!.
Oh dear, Minty, you're doing it again aren't you? Spoiling a good-natured thread with your sly little digs and sarcastic smiley things. If everyone else on this forum can respect each other's opinion even if we disagree, why do you find it so hard?

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:

Just one new CD of Unreleased & live tracks from 06-10 would have been absolutely superb, and purchased without a second thought. Shame!
Moving on to Alex's point, now that small runs of CDs can be pressed and printed at no great cost, how about a limited edition CD that combines the new tracks from the two reissues; pitch it at say a tenner and those of us who don't want to buy the albums we already own again can still get to hear the new tracks and spend £10 we wouldn't otherwise have spent boosting John's coffers? Those who want to buy the new extended editions of C&B and Sideways would still be able to do so, the completists would even buy all 3 releases and everyone would be happy!

Perhaps the special edition could be called "Sideburns" (geddit?) and feature a bewhiskered John on the cover?

Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:
Quote:
[b] Obviously the appearance of the little " laugh " seems to have passed you by.

John can release, re-release whatever he wants, there's no gun at your head to buy it.
It just seems that every time there is some sort of reissue, then the same few people can't resist a moan. I've got an idea for them, if you don't feel it's worth buying, then don't buy it... Sorted!!.
Oh dear, Minty, you're doing it again aren't you? Spoiling a good-natured thread with your sly little digs and sarcastic smiley things. If everyone else on this forum can respect each other's opinion even if we disagree, why do you find it so hard?

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:

Just one new CD of Unreleased & live tracks from 06-10 would have been absolutely superb, and purchased without a second thought. Shame!
Moving on to Alex's point, now that small runs of CDs can be pressed and printed at no great cost, how about a limited edition CD that combines the new tracks from the two reissues; pitch it at say a tenner and those of us who don't want to buy the albums we already own again can still get to hear the new tracks and spend £10 we wouldn't otherwise have spent boosting John's coffers? Those who want to buy the new extended editions of C&B and Sideways would still be able to do so, the completists would even buy all 3 releases and everyone would be happy!

Perhaps the special edition could be called "Sideburns" (geddit?) and feature a bewhiskered John on the cover? [/b]
If you want the new tracks ... then buy the release... if you don't think it's worth it ... don't buy it....simples!
A sly, dig free post by Minty Tux

I don't buy re-issues.

As it happens I have purchased the delux versions of Metamatic, Garden, Golden Section & Shifting City because I didn't have the originals, so they weren't re-issues for me.

I haven't bought the re-issue of TPOE (even though it is my joint favourite Foxx album) as I have the original.

So I won't be buying the new re-issues. I would, however, certainly buy a CD that contained just the new tracks from the two albums. That would be value for money!

C
C
Quote:
Obviously the appearance of the little " laugh " seems to have passed you by.

Actually, I did notice the " laugh " thats why I included it, and sorry Minty, but you are not to credit for the birth of my post laugh I already had something in mind.

Again, no one is moaning, its perfectly justified that we All can say in whatever manner we wish (with the exception of slander and offense) what our response's are to anything Foxx, and as you say, no-one is pointing a dancing gun at my head while I do so smile

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by Herbert the turbot:

Perhaps the special edition could be called "Sideburns" (geddit?) and feature a bewhiskered John on the cover?
What a gem!! And well timed, too.

Nice comment, Mr Turbot.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
Quote:
[b]Cue the moaners laugh
Ha! Ha! Ha! wink

By the way, there's a few teasing little tasters for Cargo live being tweeted tonight.
It sounds like it's going to be a good one.

I remember being stunned by the audacity of John and Louis doing Young Savage, although it absolutely had to be done.

And Travel too - the dub element still coming through, right from the beginning.

http://twitter.com/#!/foxxmetamedia [/b]
And there was me thinking that these were Tweets based on current rehearsals. Sure the gig isn't on next week but I'd imagine it would have been in the diary to "test the set" so to speak. Hmmm.

And yes, Young Savage - that really set the Tokyo dates alight with energy!

smile

Maybe we should not by the Maths release. Wait a couple of years and then buy a more complete version?

I enjoyed reading all the comments here.
I think these two deluxe editions are the gift we should buy at the Troxy show - as John did the same for most of the last gigs too.

Im looking forward listening to it and I would more pleased about it if John and Louis had decided to perform a small one off gig in a little club for us die hard fans to replace the cancelled Troxy show on the 3rd Dec.and we could pick the new CD's up there.
I'm sure we all had been there.

I don't know if this could be possible to manage in two weeks - But I think we all would be more as happy about it...

Thanks to John for these two CD's - so the time isn't so long to wait until the Maths CD.

Looking forward to From Trash deluxe edition!

wink S.M.

Mine's arrived today, great stuff, well worth it.

F
F
For completionists sake, and since I'm not having that gig, I ordered them as well...they better be good! laugh

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.