Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
T
Lots of valid points made.

Personally I am happy with the extra tracks in that with the Pleasures of Electricity and Impossible extras, I should have enough for a nice playlist for the bus. An album is really just some kind of playlist, isn't it? I'm not sure even I agree. confused

By the way, did the thought occur to anyone else why From Trash has been skipped? Or has it?

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
By the way, did the thought occur to anyone else why From Trash has been skipped? Or has it?
From Trash hasn't been forgotten - it's also set to be expanded in the same way that Shifting City, The Pleasures Of Electricity, Crash And Burn and Sideways have...

Rob

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Personally I've never noticed any form of quality loss on any MP3 of 128kbps and above, at least not on normal speakers and headphones.
Says it all really! :rolleyes:

Quote:
From Trash hasn't been forgotten - it's also set to be expanded in the same way that Shifting City, The Pleasures Of Electricity, Crash And Burn and Sideways have...

Rob
Cue the moaners laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Rob Harris:
Quote:
Originally posted by the church puddle:
[b] By the way, did the thought occur to anyone else why From Trash has been skipped? Or has it?

Rob [/b]
Bring it on Rob! laugh

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by MintyTux:
Cue the moaners laugh
Ha! Ha! Ha! wink

By the way, there's a few teasing little tasters for Cargo live being tweeted tonight.
It sounds like it's going to be a good one.

I remember being stunned by the audacity of John and Louis doing Young Savage, although it absolutely had to be done.

And Travel too - the dub element still coming through, right from the beginning.

http://twitter.com/#!/foxxmetamedia

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
C
C

H
H
I probably won't be buying these reissues. What I would definitely buy would be 5.1 DVDA or DTS surround mixes of these albums.

I can understand the grim perception of people including myself, "moaning" about these reissues; but it's more an expression of frustration. It's certainly not like knocking things for the sake of it! And it's all a matter of opinion and personal taste. hat's what makes us humans and fans! It's a healthy debate and hopefully something of construct for any management reading. If we just sat around praising every last fragment of John's work, it would be a very boring place indeed.

It's more down to the annoyance that we're presented with the exciting prospect of "new" or unreleased tracks to savour, but to get them we are forced to re-buy albums we already own and wouldn't otherwise re-buy. Unless you beg, borrow or steal. And that's why I'm so frustrated that you can't choose to purchase the ones you want as MP3s. Maybe you'll be able to? But there comes a point when buying every release, every reissue, every remaster, compilation etc, just becomes ridiculous, especially for such recent material. Plus space and money might come into it too.

Do Sideways and From Trash really need re-releasing and expanding, just 4 years later? Maybe John thought they did. If so, then was he unhappy with the original releases? (why release them in the first place?!). I have to admit, the booklet in From Trash was always a bit disappointing. But the album itself remains one of my personal favourites. If it was down to short supply online and in the shops, then why not just re-press the albums, as they surely deserve to be out there, as we've said before.

If these are to be definitive releases and not something like gold dust in a couple of year's time, then, maybe they're the kind of 'filler' that you can come back to at a later date, in between albums or if John packs his synths up one day, without rushing on the pre-order button, in fear that they'll all go like hotcakes right away. For now I'll be taking Tux's advice and waiting in great anticipation for the Maths album next year.

As you say Core, each and every one of us have done and do our bit to make sure that other people know about John's music, in addition to our own purchase decisions. Just a couple of months ago I bought C&B for a friend's birthday. And I don't put a lot of time and effort into a fairly decent fan site just for a laugh.

Just one new CD of Unreleased & live tracks from 06-10 would have been absolutely superb, and purchased without a second thought. Shame!

Anyway, I'll shut up, before the molehills become even more mountainous! I've had my moan! laugh

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.