Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27
maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by E. G. Ekin:
and also Eric Clapton's autobiography. The latter is the most powerful autobiography I've ever read
It is getting tremendous reviews here. Will pick it next time I am at the bookstore.

My favorite reads are autobiographys, and the odd bit of science fiction.
With some authors you get the best of both.

Im looking forward to reading Midge Ure's soon and hope to get Mike Oldfields too.

I also have a soft spot for science faction.

maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
I also have a soft spot for science faction.
Then you must read Richard Dawkins latest, The God Delusion. I read it about 3 months ago. Not all of his arguments were persuasive but still very fascinating.

Going by memory here, but isn't 'The God Delusion' hes latest one.

maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
See my previous post smile

Oh right!!

The promotion Richard has done for this book is the most hes done for any.
It covered more countrys and took up more time on TV and radio than sometimes the work hes put in for three or four books together.
It really has been like a world tour similar to any big music bizz tour.

maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
I like to hear that. With the exception of a few science authors (Stephen Jay Gould, Stephen Hawkings, and the late Carl Sagan come to mind immediately), science and science related books are never in the fore-front and never get the publicity.

C
C
Definitely music biographies. I've just finished reading:

Deborah Curtis' Touching From A Distance.I strongly recommend this one. It's very intriguing and it's one of those that you don't stop reading until you read the last word. There's also a curious photo of Ian, the last picture taken before he departed. You can clearly see the madness in his pale blue eyes. frown

Now onto David Nolan's Bernard Sumner Confusion. This one's not official but still interesting. Some curious photos too of Barney playing the melodica and Martin Hannett, like a mad scientist, showing Barney a few things on the ARP Omni. eek

They've become really trendy in 2007!

Chris wink

Gee. All you lot seem to be reading some good stuff. I've recently finished the Michael J Fox biography which I recommend, Cesar Milan (That dog trainer / therapist from Discovery channel) about how to get closer to your doggy -(Just bought 2 King Charlie Cavs) and this minute finished a book by a local author who I knew before she died. The book, called "Us Kids" recounts the experiences of a young girl (the author) growing up in the 40's & 50's in Ladywood Birmingham. I had the book as a wedding present in 1999 but have just come across it in our attic. Carole Stafford, the author, died about 5 years ago. I wish I had read it earlier as it was funny, emotional and gave some insight into what life was like for poor slum dwellers then. It was a bit like an English version of Angela's Ashes (the Irish film) - but better.
Wish I had read it when Carole was alive as she had a very interesting life and was a very colourful character.
(God, I do go on don't I?)

maryann Offline OP
OP Offline
That Cesar Milan is quite popular here. Doesn't he have his own television show?

I read that dog book Me and Morley about the world's supposed worst behaved dog.

Page 3 of 27 1 2 3 4 5 26 27

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.