Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
'PopCorn' by Hot Butter
Gee, thanks Garry. Now I got that sound stuck in my head :rolleyes: wink

Love Action/Seconds by the Human Leage was one of my first 7" singles, around the same time I was discovering Doctor Who and Oxygene.

That would make it 1981.

My dad also had a record of Moog music called Electric Coconut, which included a version of Popcorn. It terrified me. He also had the Hot Butter album. That terrified me too. To this day I detest that song!!

I didn't discover Gary Numan or John's (Ultravox!) music until 1995...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by RadioBeach:
'PopCorn' by Hot Butter
... & once again the great marsheaux have made the best cover version that is possible - imho , of course ! ;-) - of that song ! :-)

now i'm eagerly awaiting to finally hear their cover version of o.m.d.'s "she's leaving" , which they've already played live !

ditto like most 'Popcorn' and BBC Radiophonic Workshop stuff (cf. Tomorrow People etc.). My first 'synth' single was a thing called Pepperbox by The Peppers (?..must look it up) . .then JMJ (oddly Equinoxe not Oxygene), then various TOTP jaw-dropping moments starting with, yes, Tubeway Army then G Numan 'Cars', onto OMD Messages, Human League Rock n Roll then Sound ot' Crowd..and so on and so on .. ah yes, then there was John Foxx ...

Heh! 'Popcorn' was brilliant! As kid I used to love that! I can't understand how anyone can find that irritatng! wink My mum said I also used to sing 'Nice One Cyril' around that time too - that explains a lot! laugh

I don't remember them at the time as I was too young but 'Son of My Father' as mentioned elsewhere here, and 'Magic Fly' are some other great cheesy 70s moog moments...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1llNSdf9cl4

The theme from Tomorrow's World in the early 80s was fantastic too.

Bew bew bew bew b' bew... pssssshhhhhhhwwwwww....

Administrator
Administrator
Quote:
Originally posted by newvox:
He had black hair by the time he was on TOTP guys. ...
:rolleyes: Time heals nothing. It merely rearranges our memory.

And before anyone picks it up, I know Numan HIMSELF wasn't dressed in the attire described in the lyric posted above shocked

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Wasn't it the old black shirt and white tie? or was that "Cars"?

I ought to know! *shame*

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
The theme from Tomorrow's World in the early 80s was fantastic too.

Bew bew bew bew b' bew... pssssshhhhhhhwwwwww....
Sorry can't remember that one Alex...how does it go again? frown

Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
:rolleyes: Time heals nothing. It merely rearranges our memory.
[/QUOTE]
What song is that from. confused wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
Wasn't it the old black shirt and white tie? or was that "Cars"?

I ought to know! *shame*
I dont want to be 'mr know it all' on this one, but to clear it up (maybe smile ) There was three TOTP performances. First was with black jeans/trousers and a black top with thin white stipes stitched into it, second i cant remember at the moment. But by the time they were at number 1, he wore the 'replicas' outfit complete with red and black jacket.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.