Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23
#330 05/21/08 05:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by C.:
Generally not cut small enough for most women to viably wear in public though - too broad across the shoulders if nothing else. Definitely the case with this batch.
Yeah, that's the trouble with unisex clothes - one size fits no body.

#331 05/21/08 01:20 PM
T
T
Anyone from Sydney / Australia / UK weant to come to Japan to see John live in September.

He was so awesome in Sydney, I am seriously thinking of going, but need some Foxx fans to hang with!!

#332 05/21/08 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by turntable:
Anyone from Sydney / Australia / UK weant to come to Japan to see John live in September.

He was so awesome in Sydney, I am seriously thinking of going, but need some Foxx fans to hang with!!
I've been entertaining the notion. Nothing serious yet. I have to see what my work commitments will be like.

But I'd love to see him perform again and I've never been to Japan so I'd love to go visit.

#333 05/23/08 12:32 AM
B
B
Expensive visit - I'd need to win Lotto

#334 05/23/08 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by banger181:
Expensive visit - I'd need to win Lotto
I've been doing some research. Cheapest airfare is currently $991 AUD for Sydney-Narita. Not sure I'd want to fly China Airlines though.

I'd expect airfares to rise with the cost of oil so booking earlier make sense.

Shinjuku is the place to stay. Hotel rooms at around $100 AUD are pretty reasonable for a decent room. Takadanobaba is only 2 or 3 rail stations away.

Given the costs involved, it would make sense to go to both concerts.

Perhaps we should also move any further discussion to the thread announcing the Tokyo concerts as it makes more sense discussing it there.

#335 05/24/08 01:15 AM
T
T
Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:
Quote:
Originally posted by banger181:
[b] Expensive visit - I'd need to win Lotto
I've been doing some research. Cheapest airfare is currently $991 AUD for Sydney-Narita. Not sure I'd want to fly China Airlines though.

I'd expect airfares to rise with the cost of oil so booking earlier make sense.

Shinjuku is the place to stay. Hotel rooms at around $100 AUD are pretty reasonable for a decent room. Takadanobaba is only 2 or 3 rail stations away.

Given the costs involved, it would make sense to go to both concerts.

Perhaps we should also move any further discussion to the thread announcing the Tokyo concerts as it makes more sense discussing it there. [/b]
Agree, I'll move across to Tpkyo thread after this. both concerts are a no brainer. I can get dead drunk one night and stay somewhat sober to take pic's etc on the other night.
For me I can get frequent flyer points at this time of year if I book.

cheers Shane

#336 05/24/08 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by turntable:

I can get dead drunk one night and stay somewhat sober to take pic's etc on the other night.
I'm not sure how well that would work for me. Went to my favourite Japanese restaurant last night. After 4 glasses of umeshu (about 14% alcohol), I wasn't feeling all that great.

Better stick to Kirin Megumi, I think.
Quote:

For me I can get frequent flyer points at this time of year if I book.
I'm with StarAlliance, so I'll need to check who I can fly with.

#337 05/25/08 07:23 AM
I was reading through some of the previous posts about females liking John but didn't reply to them at that time. I was at the Sydney show, front row – on John's side of the stage & sat directly in front of him during his intro to 'Tiny Colour Movies'.

John's been my fave singer since 1980. I've liked him for many reasons, including his unique vocal style & his music which inspired me to write my own music in the 80s. Meeting John in Sydney was the greatest moment for me. I've met various rock stars & celebrities over the years but none of them compare to John.

To me, John was warm, suave & charming ... he's the nicest musician I've ever met & one of the nicest people I've ever known. The night was perfect & I will treasure it in my heart forever.

Over this weekend, while listening to John's interviews on the Metal Beat cd, I noticed how his speaking voice is very soothing & gentle. It put me into a very nice John Foxx – induced state of relaxation.

But it got me thinking that I have John's cds to listen to, but not very much of him visually.

Has anyone ever thought of releasing an official dvd of John's videos? Perhaps, the dvd could also include some rare interviews. The dvd would definitely have to include 'Miles Away' - that's my fave John Foxx song. I love everything about the video & I also think that John looks very alluring in it, it's one of his finest moments ...

#338 05/25/08 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Astara:
I was reading through some of the previous posts about females liking John but didn't reply to them at that time. I was at the Sydney show, front row – on John's side of the stage & sat directly in front of him during his intro to 'Tiny Colour Movies'.
Sounds like you had the best seat in the house!
Quote:

But it got me thinking that I have John's cds to listen to, but not very much of him visually.

Has anyone ever thought of releasing an official dvd of John's videos? Perhaps, the dvd could also include some rare interviews. The dvd would definitely have to include 'Miles Away' - that's my fave John Foxx song. I love everything about the video & I also think that John looks very alluring in it, it's one of his finest moments ...
I have a copy of the VHS tape that came out in 1989. But, yes, a DVD of his more recent work would be nice. Blu-ray with Dolby Surround would be amazing.

#339 05/25/08 11:22 AM
K
K
Thanks Atom for reminding me about this video. Had completely forgotten I owned it.
I, too, have been thinking about dvds. What I would really like to see is the Metamatic tour. Any chance A New Kind of Man may have been recorded with visuals? For all the poor fans that live to far away to have seen the performance.

Page 22 of 23 1 2 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.