Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23
#320 05/16/08 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Katja:
Atom, re: the beer.
I think the guy said something like "I was at the show last night and promised you a beer, so here it is"
So he was at the Melbourne and Sydney events? He must have been a keen fan.

#321 05/16/08 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
That's the one I was thinking of then, which of course lead the inspiration for a song called "He's A Liquid" cool
Yes, I believe that's correct.

I also understand the Monty Python sketch about the Gas Man was also inspired by that film wink

#322 05/16/08 03:52 PM
RE: H-Man, I think Spectral Response did a mash-up using this movie, it's here: Mash-up

Mongrel

#323 05/17/08 03:10 AM
The Australian tour t-shirts are already up for sale at Townsend Records .

Interestingly, they also list an Australian V neck . I don't recall seeing these at the merchandise booth but they seem to have a good spread of sizes. I wonder what the story is?

Hmm ... at current exchange rates, it comes out at less than $33. I wonder how much shipping would be ...

#324 05/18/08 01:24 AM
E
E
The T-shirts were available in V-neck (I presumed for women???) and in the normal T-neck. At least, that's what they had in Adelaide. For you Aussies out there, if you missed out on a t-shirt and still want one, I have a size L still for sale. See Alex's picture. Again, as previously explained, I wanted an XL but got an L. Bugger. $40.00 Au.(cost price at the gig) plus postage (max $5.00). Email me if you want it.
Louis was telling me of a guy in Europe that came to every gig and got two of everything they had for sale and then had them all signed. After they realised he was then selling the stuff on Ebay, Louis told him where to go and how to do it. Unsigned posters were going here before the gigs on Ebay for 15-20 bucks.

#325 05/18/08 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by EmilC:
The T-shirts were available in V-neck (I presumed for women???) and in the normal T-neck. At least, that's what they had in Adelaide.
The V necks have slightly different artwork, so I'm not sure if they were meant just for women. I didn't notice them in Sydney and, since they are selling them online, they hadn't sold out.
Quote:

Louis was telling me of a guy in Europe that came to every gig and got two of everything they had for sale and then had them all signed. After they realised he was then selling the stuff on Ebay, Louis told him where to go and how to do it.
Well, you can't blame someone for trying. Of course, the simple way to put a stop to that is for John's management to sell it themselves. Obviously, it sells so its worth a try.
Quote:

Unsigned posters were going here before the gigs on Ebay for 15-20 bucks.
Which is odd because they were selling them for $10 at the merchandise booth.

I've just noticed too that Towsend are selling the tour poster now for 5 quid, or 19 for it and the t-shirt.

#326 05/19/08 10:58 AM
C
C. Offline
C
No not meant for women - they weren't sized in order for them to be so. Just an alternative style I believe.

#327 05/19/08 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by C.:
No not meant for women - they weren't sized in order for them to be so. Just an alternative style I believe.
It turns out that they did have them in Sydney too. If you look closer at this photo I took, you'll see it on the back wall.

I'm not sure why I didn't notice it before. Perhaps because it was hidden by that black signage thing atop the front of the booth.

#328 05/20/08 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by C.:
Most concert t-shirts are unisex, at least the ones they sell at the gigs.

#329 05/20/08 01:53 PM
C
C. Offline
C
Quote:
Originally posted by maryann:
Most concert t-shirts are unisex, at least the ones they sell at the gigs.
Generally not cut small enough for most women to viably wear in public though - too broad across the shoulders if nothing else. Definitely the case with this batch.

Page 21 of 23 1 2 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.