Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#10592 03/16/07 11:57 AM
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Please see the following...

Today on Resonance FM at 13:00

Broadcast on the web resonancefm.com
On the radio in London : 104.4 fm
Friday the 16th of March 2007 @ 13:00

Graphic Design on the Radio | Adrian Shaughnessy

Six one-hour shows featuring leading graphic designers talking about their work and playing music that has influenced or inspired them. Designer and writer Adrian Shaughnessy interviews some of the most important graphic designers at work today. With each designer he discusses their work, looks into the key issues that are shaping current design practice ­everything from ethics to branding ­ and plays some music.

Jonathan Barnbrook

Designer, typographer and type designer Jonathan Barnbrook is known as a designer with a strong ethical stance. He designed the celebrated Damien Hirst book I Want to Spend the Rest of My Life Everywhere, with Everyone, One to One, Always, Forever, Now, the cover for David Bowie's Heathen and typefaces that have passed into design history and popular culture.

The first track that will be featured is blurred girl off Metamatic as the song that is "responsible for starting it all". There are also some other electronic faves, such as: Simple Minds and Tuxedomoon.

The programme will not be be podcast because of rights restrictions but a recording may be available at some point in the future.

Rob

#10593 03/16/07 02:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's quite interesting ! :-)

however ... sadly a bit too late to tune in ! :-o

#10594 03/16/07 09:35 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Seems a more-than-necessarily-difficult to navigate site.

I'm trying to find the 'listen again' option to download this broadcast??

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
#10595 03/17/07 12:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
I'm trying to find the 'listen again' option to download this broadcast??
well ... i don't think that there is one YET ! :-o

see this info by rob :

Quote:
The programme will not be be podcast because of rights restrictions but a recording may be available at some point in the future.

#10596 03/17/07 12:48 PM
Although I missed this, the description is interesting to read.

I have always said that music is a leading influence on my graphic design work - but on face value it sounds ridiculous. But as a visual person, I suppose any designer can be influenced by music and the images and colours it can project into the mind, and the mood it puts you in.

#10597 03/18/07 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:
I have always said that music is a leading influence on my graphic design work - but on face value it sounds ridiculous. But as a visual person, I suppose any designer can be influenced by music and the images and colours it can project into the mind, and the mood it puts you in.
there's absolutely nothing that is "ridiculous" about it - u are actually spot on there , alex , as i feel exactly the same about the influence of music , whenever i do my own artworks ! :-)

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.