Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#10344 01/15/07 06:15 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Cheers, I'll look forward to it and let you know what I think.... when it arrived!

Getting impatient now.... not that patience was ever my thing when it comes to music...!!

#10345 02/02/07 10:32 AM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Last night, following a very nice Birthday meal, I settled down and watched Live at Union Chapel.

Firstly, it inspired me to listen to Look Into the Eyeball, which I'm enjoying more than I did before.

The show itself was excellent. David Byrne looks fantastic for 54/55. Much happier and comfortable on stage.

The choice of songs was quite unusual (especially the Whitney Houston cover!) but overall I thought it worked really well, with the minimal strings, guitar and percussion backing. It was pleasantly surprising to hear old Talking Heads songs reworked in this way, very successfully.

My only gripe was with the 2 'opera' tracks, which to be honest I thought were pretty bad! Byrne's frequently dischordent vocal style didn't work for me on those tracks, and I found it a bit frustrating, knowing just how darn well the man can sing, as he then proved on "Road to Nowhere".

Overall, I felt it was a very refreshing performance. He's certainly one of a kind!

Very happy I bought this :-)

#10346 02/02/07 04:21 PM
Really pleased you liked the dvd alex. May check out some heads and byrne.

#10347 02/02/07 04:25 PM
Alex S Offline OP
OP Offline
Like I said, that show rekindled my Interest in 'Eyeball, which I had dismissed in the past. It's a good album, when you stop comparing it to the likes of Feelings.

But anyway – thanks for the recommendation everyone. Great show. I'd love to see him live.

Have you seen Stop Making Sense Robert?

#10348 02/04/07 12:05 AM
Ive only seen snippets of stop making sense. In between that and union chapel was a live film he did around 1992 called between the teeth. I think its deleted now but it may be worth checking out.

#10349 02/12/07 12:31 AM
Was into Talking Heads at the beginning. Still listen to the early stuff. Great stuff!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.