Metamatic
eats ?
The parameter being you've never felt any urge to buy anything else by said artistes

Elton John (Vol 1 1970-75)
ELO
OMD

The reason being beautifully summed up by postpunkmonk on the Dresden Remix thread.
I might just be a tad unpopular here and say

Roxy Music

..mucho respect for what they've done and stood for but i can't say as I have fully enjoyed any of their albums.

<gets coat..>

The Skids - Dunfermline
Ooh - missed the parameter.

Tears For Fears.
David Sylvian.
Creedence Clearwater Revival
Ian Dury & The Blockheads
Lee "Scratch" Perry
Talk Talk
Was (Not Was)
Shame on me I forgot the very best one
THE BEST OF STEVE HARLEY AND COCKNEY REBEL excellent stuff indeed
I knew I would think of one eventually - Eurythmics.

At least until very recently. Early days for the album tracks of the first two albums. Will they make the grade for me that the hits did, back then?
After a week back on my native Merseyside I'm now the proud possessor of THE ESSENTIAL BILLY JOEL and THE VERY BEST OF ELO *The former contains some real gems , the Everest being PIANO MAN a beautiful poignant piece about La Condition Humaine That drab pair Dylan and Springsteen can only look on in envy from their flatlands They'd never get anywhere near it in a million years, Keeping up the mountaineering theme , ELO lead you along a high plateau , constantly good but nothing to get you really excited about
Both were purchased at HMV Southport which features in this vid so sing along with the fey Mancunian. Sunday , he certaintly isn't in love !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0LeL9BUPtA

°this replaces jarg tape mentioned in the opening to this threag
Father Crimbo has brought me The best of THE BOO RADLEYS
and The Very best of CAT STEVENS

plus on a non best of
SECRET TREATIES BLUE OYSTER CULT* (Which I used to listen to as a nipper non stop back in 1977 alongside arguably the best history ever made Ha!Ha! Ha !

*heartfelt thanks to Robert Galbraith aka J K Rowling and her brilliant detective Cormoran Strike

Ace toon Ace book

Enjoy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTZBG1-Sfto
© Metamatic