Metamatic
Posted By: -27315 Voice choice - 01/19/07 05:57 PM
Okay. We are here because we like the sound of synthesizers.Probably goes without saying.But who would be your choice to own an album exclusively of vocals???
Posted By: Mr.Ilektrik Re: Voice choice - 01/19/07 06:52 PM
Lisa Gerrard - Dead Can Dance. her voice is breath taking.
Posted By: RadioBeach Re: Voice choice - 01/23/07 12:34 PM
That's a good (and tough) question!

I'd have to go for; Alan Vega, Captain Beefheart, Scott Walker, Vashti Bunyan, Anna Domino and Danielle Dax.
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Voice choice - 01/23/07 12:46 PM
Scott Walker also.
Marc Almond has a beautiful voice too. His live shows at the Union chapel etc etc are incredible

Dead Can Dance too.
and Liz Fraser.

Personally, I'm very impressed with John's treated vocals on all his CO material and that works beautifully on its own as well
Posted By: Groovebox Re: Voice choice - 02/02/07 01:27 AM
Alison Goldfrapp - sexy and intelligent - 'sexigent'. Can't say that of many vocalists now can you?

Phil Oakey. Not sexy (well not from my point of view) but here is one mahoosively underrated voice talent.
Posted By: Mr.Ilektrik Re: Voice choice - 02/02/07 08:22 PM
Also, Tom Waits. I'd love to listen to a cd of Tom on his own, singing & telling stories of his experiences & everyday stories 'bout folk.
Posted By: Jairazbhoy Re: Voice choice - 02/03/07 09:31 AM
John Foxx: Spoken intro on 'Artificial Life' sounds like God as a young man.

Iggy Pop: Spoken interludes on Avenue B album sound like God as an old man.

Mike Patton: Check out his vocals-only album Adult Themes For Voice - I won't even try to describe it...
Posted By: Sarah Bradshaw Re: Voice choice - 02/03/07 10:00 PM
I reckon that David Sylvian would be a good choice. He has got a stunning vocal.

Apart from Japan, his solo stuff and work with Robert Fripp is excellent. I particularly love 'Jean the Birdman' and 'The Banality of Evil'. Got the new Nine Horses EP too, and I think that RadioBeach has already reviewed this in another topic!

Sarah B laugh

xx
Posted By: robert Re: Voice choice - 02/05/07 05:10 PM
I would agree with david sylvian. Annie lennox is one of my faves vocal wise.
Posted By: psychocandy Re: Voice choice - 02/05/07 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Groovebox:
Phil Oakey. Not sexy (well not from my point of view) but here is one mahoosively underrated voice talent.
yeah, phil oakey is definitely one of the best ever. also captain beefheart and syd barrett.
Posted By: Havocman Re: Voice choice - 02/06/07 08:04 AM
Mark Hollis from Talk Talk, Ian Curtis from Joy Division, Stuart Staples from Tindersticks, Midge Ure (!), Bjork, Damien Rice,Pavarotti and a lot of those listed above. No doubt there would be others. smile
Posted By: Chris C Re: Voice choice - 02/10/07 02:11 PM
I'll pick a few from The School of Bowie:

the late Billy MacKenzie
Marian Gold from Alphaville
Morten Harkett from Aha

and of course the legend himself David Bowie crooning away!

Chris C wink
Posted By: NerveJam Re: Voice choice - 02/14/07 11:00 AM
Toni Halliday (ex-Curve)
© Metamatic