Metamatic
Posted By: Brian Unicorns do exist... - 03/17/14 10:03 PM
http://www.propermusic.com/product-details/John-Foxx-Metamatic-RSD-EXCLUSIVE-LP-166698

cool

Brian
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/17/14 10:05 PM

Pre-order? have it despatched?

I thought the whole point of Record Store Day was that you had to go into a Record Store to buy records...??
Posted By: Brian Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/17/14 10:31 PM
agreed

But I've preordered it all the same....

Brian
Posted By: nightporter Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/18/14 06:52 PM
its not there anymore page has been taken down.
Posted By: Your Shadow Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/18/14 07:40 PM
Yes the page has gone. I've tried doing a search under John's name but no Metamatic.
Posted By: nightporter Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/18/14 08:38 PM
yes i done the same no joy!
Posted By: Brian Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/18/14 09:10 PM
I did wonder if they were supposed to be letting us pre-order record day stuff when it's usually against record store day rules.

Time will tell if they honour my order......
Posted By: nightporter Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/18/14 09:42 PM
hope they do Brian.i will try and get my copy at Sister Ray in London on the Day .third year in a row.
Posted By: Brian Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/20/14 05:58 PM
It's now announced officially on the Record Store Day website

John Foxx - Metamatic
John Foxx - Metamatic Demon Records - LP + download Gatefold Edition. The individually numbered Gatefold white LP edition of John Foxx’s 1980 Synthpop opus Metamatic represents the first ever reissue of the legendary recording on vinyl – exclusively for Record Store Day 2014. Cut from a brand new 2014 master taken from original analogue tapes, the exclusive pressing on white 180-gram heavyweight vinyl is housed in a deluxe gatefold package with images, lyrics and download card for digital redemption of the audio.

Brian
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/20/14 07:02 PM

I hope that everything works out well for this, after the Underpass 12" planned for RSD last year.

Metamatic on white vinyl? It's a beautiful thing...
Posted By: nightporter Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/20/14 07:03 PM
yes seen this plus double vinyl Interplay and the shape of things including print.
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/29/14 05:19 PM
Originally Posted By: nightporter
yes seen this plus double vinyl Interplay and the shape of things including print.

Regarding the vinyl editions of Interplay and The Shape Of Things which will be available on Record Store Day. They will be the 'standard editions' - but they will be coupled with an exclusive John Foxx And The Maths print designed and signed by Jonathan Barnbrook. If you've not already purchased these albums on vinyl - then this will be the perfect opportunity to plug that gap in your collection.

Rob
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/29/14 05:39 PM
And here's what the Record Store Day edition of Metamatic looks like.

The gatefold sleeve is individually numbered while the album itself is on 180 gram heavyweight white vinyl.

It's also worth saying that it's a newly remastered edition from original tapes discovered in the archive - and it sounds magnificent…

Enjoy… :-)

Rob
Posted By: nightporter Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/29/14 06:13 PM
thanks for the info if there s no difference apart from the print ,i won,t buy thanks again,going after a lot of the other items released that day anyway, including the wrangler vinyl,
Posted By: postpunkmonk Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/30/14 02:10 PM
Sigh. I suppose I'll have to pay top dollar for this. I'm getting sick of limited numbered editions, and RSD released [abroad only] by my favorite artists. Thereby forcing me into gray market areas.
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/30/14 08:27 PM
Originally Posted By: postpunkmonk
Sigh. I suppose I'll have to pay top dollar for this. I'm getting sick of limited numbered editions, and RSD released [abroad only] by my favorite artists. Thereby forcing me into gray market areas.

I understand that this particular release will also be available in various independent record stores in The States, Australia, Holland, France and Germany.

Rob
Posted By: Your Shadow Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/31/14 07:34 AM
Rob,are there any outlets that we can guarantee ordering the Metamatic vinyl album from? I'm only aware of a couple of outlets in the Liverpool area particpating in the Record Store Day. It will be sod's law that they won't have any copies of Metamatic!!
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/31/14 08:27 AM
Originally Posted By: Your Shadow
Rob,are there any outlets that we can guarantee ordering the Metamatic vinyl album from? I'm only aware of a couple of outlets in the Liverpool area particpating in the Record Store Day. It will be sod's law that they won't have any copies of Metamatic!!

The Record Store Day website includes a list of Participating Stores.
I suggest phoning the ones which are in your area to see if they anticipate receiving copies.

As for 'ordering a copy' - the point is that you tip up on the day and take your chances with everyone else.

Rob
Posted By: Your Shadow Re: Unicorns do exist... - 03/31/14 07:21 PM
Okay Cheers for your reply Rob. I will do just that.
Posted By: nightporter Re: Unicorns do exist... - 04/19/14 03:06 PM
Got my copy today.Got myself up at 4am ,Drove to London.got to sister ray about 6.30,got everything i wanted apart from one which i have changed my mind about now!
Posted By: Your Shadow Re: Unicorns do exist... - 04/19/14 03:20 PM
I managed to get a copy of Metamatic in Liverpool city centre this morning. I don't know how many were available but I got the last one in the shop!! Phew.

It's a nice package. The only disappointment is the inside cover that holds the album. The bottom has a split in it where the album has poked through. That often happened in the old days with vinyl albums!
Posted By: Shadow Man Re: Unicorns do exist... - 04/19/14 05:38 PM
I got a copy too here in Hamburg in my local record shop. The LP looks fantastic and it sounds great.
There were a lot of people there and I'm really happy I got one of the copies. I were there as they opened the shop - I think an half hour later there were no chance to get one. grin smile grin
Posted By: Brian Re: Unicorns do exist... - 04/20/14 09:36 AM
Glad some folk managed to get theirs.

My local shop decided to open 15 minutes early and the 2 copies that he had went before I got there.

So I will have to look elsewhere.

Brian
Posted By: Your Shadow Re: Unicorns do exist... - 04/20/14 06:31 PM
So sorry to hear that Brian. How frustrating! I hope you can track one down.
Posted By: Brian Re: Unicorns do exist... - 04/24/14 06:23 PM
I managed to get my Unicorn:-

918/1200

It looks and sounds bloody amazing.

Crystal clear compared to the last version.

Especially the basslines.

Brian
Posted By: Shadow Man Re: Unicorns do exist... - 04/24/14 06:33 PM
Great you had a chance to get one,Brian.

A wonderful thing, isn't it?

My copy is no.:205/1200
Posted By: Brian Re: Unicorns do exist... - 04/24/14 06:40 PM
It is.

Just finished listening to it all.

Bit of a revelation for me on vinyl.

Wonderful cool

Brian
Posted By: nightporter Re: Unicorns do exist... - 04/24/14 07:13 PM
hav,nt played mine yet.no1044/1200
Posted By: MemberD Re: Unicorns do exist... - 06/12/14 07:25 AM

0939/1200

via amazon.
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Unicorns do exist... - 06/12/14 07:53 AM
Originally Posted By: MemberD
0939/1200

via amazon.

There are a couple more copies of the white vinyl version of Metamatic still left on Amazon if anyone's interested.

They also have vinyl copies of LA Spark by Wrangler as well.

Rob
© Metamatic