Metamatic
Posted By: Furniture Lifegrab inc. - 12/22/09 02:48 AM
Somehow I missed this when it came out.

Whats the story?

http://blog.thequietman.co.uk/2008/11/john-foxx-the-truth/

confused
Posted By: Black Shadow Re: Lifegrab inc. - 12/22/09 09:49 AM
It reads like something straight out of a sci-fi novel - I like it! laugh

Sorta also reminds me of the fictional poet William Ashbless...
Posted By: Black Shadow Re: Lifegrab inc. - 12/22/09 11:46 AM
Hmm... John mentions Lifegrab inc. in the MP3 transcript message (on the announcements board)... thought the name rang a bell. smile
Posted By: Brigid Re: Lifegrab inc. - 12/22/09 06:35 PM
Dear Sirs--

Recent postings have brought to my attention this whole "Lifegrab Inc." concept. A very recent posting suggests that Mr. John Foxx has bought 25 of these clones, who presumably look and act just like a real person somewhere.

Naturally as someone in another country who finds the profile of this individual more than moderately interesting, I would like to suggest that you send one of these clones to Manhattan and leave it there. You could have it visit New Jersey once in awhile, when it wants to, I don't know, see some trees or something. In fact--knowing that there are 25 John Foxx clones running around out there offers even less of an excuse for the alleged Mr. Foxx to have logged a measly 1 visit to the U.S. in 30 years.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Kind regards,
Brigid Burke

(Can you tell it's a slow day at work?)
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Lifegrab inc. - 12/22/09 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Brigid:
I would like to suggest that you send one of these clones to Manhattan and leave it there.
Hmmm. I wonder if there's already one there somewhere Brigid...

It'll be a ghost - you've just gotta know where to find it. Under a bridge in the late 70s, perhaps.

Creep up quietly, you might catch a shadow or somethin wink
Posted By: Brian Re: Lifegrab inc. - 12/22/09 08:26 PM
An image of an old Monty Python sketch has just appeared in my head but in place of Alan Whicker are an island full of John Foxxes
wink
Posted By: Brigid Re: Lifegrab inc. - 12/23/09 02:45 AM
Martin--ah, well if he's been hiding here all that time, he's done a good job of it! smile

Brian--LOL, I'd forgotten about that Monty Python sketch--now I'm not going to be able to get that image out of my mind!
Posted By: quietrumrunnerman Re: Lifegrab inc. - 12/23/09 07:45 PM
Here, on Foxxs' Island ,there are just too many Foxxs'!

You can't have too many/much of a Good Thing ... laugh

Don
© Metamatic