Metamatic
John's collaboration albums with Harold Budd and Ruben Garcia have been repackaged and will be rereleased on CD on the 24th of July. All albums are the 2011 masters, while Translucence / Drift Music now comes in new artwork created by John Foxx. Full details, including track-listings, are as follows...

John Foxx, Harold Budd and Ruben Garcia : Nighhawks

01. Down A Windy Street
02. Now That I've Forgotten You
03. The Invisible Man
04. Fugitive Desire
05. From Then To Now
06. When The City Stops For Snow
07. The Shadow Of Her Former Self
08. Music For Swimmers
09. Lovedust
10. Nighthawks

Pre-order Nighthawks from Townsend Records - http://johnfoxx.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=25381
Release Date : 24th of July, 2015

John Foxx and Harold Budd : Translucence / Drift Music

Disc One : Translucence

01. Subtext
02. Spoken Roses
03. Momentary Architecture
04. Adult
05. Long Light
06. A Change in The Weather
07. Here And Now
08. Almost Overlooked
09. Implicit
10. Raindust
11. Missing Person
12. You Again

Disc Two : Drift Music

01. Sunlit Silhouette
02. The Other Room
03. Some Way Through All The Cities
04. Stepping Sideways
05. A Delicate Romance
06. Linger
07. Curtains Blowing
08. Weather Patterns
09. Coming Into Focus
10. After All This Time
11. Someone Almost There
12. Resonant Frequency
13. Avenue Of Trees
14. Underwater Flowers
15. Arriving

Pre-order Translucence / Drift Music from Townsend Records - http://johnfoxx.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=25382
Release Date : 24th of July, 2015

A special Nighthawks and Translucence / Drift Music multi-buy is also available from Townsend Records - http://johnfoxx.tmstor.es/cart/product.php?id=25383

Rob
There's also talk of these albums being made available on vinyl sometime in the new year.

Remember, you heard it here first! grin

Rob
Even though I've got some of the CDs a few times already, I'd really like a vinyl copy - lush!
Posted By: Brian Re: John Foxx, Harold Budd and Ruben Garcia... - 06/16/15 03:20 PM
That's great news.

It's the only way that I would buy them again.

Brian
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
There's also talk of these albums being made available on vinyl sometime in the new year.

Remember, you heard it here first! grin

Rob

Aaaargh!

Perhaps it IS possible to have too much of a good thing?
Possibly!

Would they fit on vinyl or will they be truncated?
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
Possibly!

Would they fit on vinyl or will they be truncated?

I don't think that they would be truncated - after all, which tracks would you want to omit?

Making them double-albums would obviously increase the cost - but it may be the only way to ensure that the audio quality was maintained.

Rob
Oh I wouldn't ever want them truncated!

I just wondered because I recognise the expense etc of double-vinyl.
Posted By: Brian Re: John Foxx, Harold Budd and Ruben Garcia... - 06/17/15 02:55 PM
There's no point in doing the vinyl if its not done properly.

Double vinyl for me. cool

Brian
Originally Posted By: Brian
There's no point in doing the vinyl if its not done properly.

Double vinyl for me. cool

Great - that's three copies sold then... crazy

Rob
Clear 180gsm vinyl, download card and a flexdisc of John doing Satie or summat to be included...oh...and an artprint like Mirrorball!

Don't ask, don't get - innit! laugh
Posted By: Brian Re: John Foxx, Harold Budd and Ruben Garcia... - 06/17/15 04:00 PM
Do they actually still manufacture flexidiscs? grin

Brian
Yep! laugh

http://www.nrpressing.com/?p=1164
Posted By: Brian Re: John Foxx, Harold Budd and Ruben Garcia... - 06/17/15 04:18 PM
Well I'll be blowed...

Brian
Originally Posted By: Brian
Well I'll be blowed...

Also - http://www.piratespress.com/cms/flexi-records

Rob

I'd love to see these on vinyl as well, but also available independently.

In fact, my personal opinion is that this CD re-issue would be a good opportunity to make both 'Translucence' and 'Drift Music' available as separate albums...

But as a double vinyl album in a tri-fold sleeve?
Yummy

I know they constantly sell, which is great news and one day I'd love to see the figures. For me personally, this body of work is one of John's finest achievements and we have all underestimated it

I don't know if they've been underestimated by us - certainly the general public perhaps. Maybe I just think that because - in the era of the playlist - I play all three once maybe twice a week one after the other.

I understand why Drift and Translucence are kept together - you really can't play one without the other (in my head).
Posted By: Brian Re: John Foxx, Harold Budd and Ruben Garcia... - 06/18/15 12:02 PM
Or a very very limited run done this way http://thequietus.com/articles/18137-345rpm-lathe-cutting-phil-macy-interview

Brian
that bloke needs to get out more
I've needed a copy of "Nighthawks" for a long time, but was reluctant to own extra copies of "Translucence/Drift Music." I sort of resent the bundling of new albums I don't have with old albums that I already do have. It's why I never heard "Cathedral Oceans II" until the complete box came out, which was a sale for the 5.1 copy of CEIII as well as CEII in 2.0. But as a Foxx collector, this is wrong thinking. I should always be buying it all, shouldn't I?

If you are a 'collector', then it stands to reason you will want it all simply by definition.

I do. At least just to make sure I have one copy of each release.
Only one, but I'm not a 'collector'. A South African edition with a different number on the label is of passing interest, but not a must-have.

But new editions with new artwork?? Of course, what's to even think about laugh
I used to be a collector, had to have everything - then...I dunno...I guess I just looked around at a 'sea of stuff' - it was actually quite cathartic getting rid of loads of vinyl many years back.

Having said all that - there is absolutely no reason to own these albums again even on vinyl - but if they do come out on vinyl I'll be first in line! laugh
Posted By: DaveT Re: John Foxx, Harold Budd and Ruben Garcia... - 06/28/15 08:56 PM
I'll be buying this (the curse of the collector) but I hope against hope that this won't be another Digipak. Am I the only one who longs for the recent days when John's CDs were packaged properly in Jewel Cases? Far superior to this recent run of Digipak releases... frown
Originally Posted By: DaveT
I'll be buying this (the curse of the collector) but I hope against hope that this won't be another Digipak. Am I the only one who longs for the recent days when John's CDs were packaged properly in Jewel Cases? Far superior to this recent run of Digipak releases... frown

Both Translucence / Drift Music and Nighthawks will be issued in double and single digipaks respectively.

Rob

P.S. Welcome to The Forumlaugh
Originally Posted By: DaveT

No Dave, you are not the only one. I have grown to accept the digipack (rather that than nothing being released) but it still feels to me more like a CD single from back in the day. Easier to manufacture maybe (I have no idea), better for the environment (I seem to remember that argument - again I am no expert). They are also not so easy to store and more delicate.

I agree with this too.

As far as I am aware, D.N.A. was the last John Foxx album to be issued in a jewel case...?
"Nighthawks" arrived today - nice to see a prominent dedication to Ruben Garcia.

"Translucence/Drift Music" arrived Saturday - some great new images in the booklet.
Hi Robin

Is still to be released on vinyl?

Cheers
© Metamatic