Metamatic
Posted By: Mr Normall New Adam Ant live album - 11/28/08 04:30 PM
For those who's interested: http://www.adam-ant.net/liveatthebloomsbury.html

I made my pre-order. I should have been on that gig but choose not to go since I visited UK four times last year. My second album ever was 'Prince Charming' by Adam and The Ants and never seen him live.
Posted By: Lody Herst Re: New Adam Ant live album - 11/28/08 10:10 PM
Ahhh yes, Adam Ant. When I was a teenager I could sing every song of him, word by word. Kings Of The Wild Frontiers Is my fav Ant-album. Antmusic for Sexpeople NOWWW ... ! smile
(he's planning for a come-back one of these days laugh )
Posted By: fons Re: New Adam Ant live album - 11/28/08 10:20 PM
Say what you want...nothing beats "Dirk" laugh
Posted By: Lody Herst Re: New Adam Ant live album - 11/29/08 08:31 AM
Cle-O-Pa-Traaah! laugh
Posted By: newvox Re: New Adam Ant live album - 11/29/08 09:27 PM
Great to see Adam back! smile
Posted By: maryann Re: New Adam Ant live album - 11/29/08 09:31 PM
Ant Music! laugh
Posted By: psychocandy Re: New Adam Ant live album - 10/12/09 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
For those who's interested: http://www.adam-ant.net/liveatthebloomsbury.html

I made my pre-order. I should have been on that gig but choose not to go since I visited UK four times last year. My second album ever was 'Prince Charming' by Adam and The Ants and never seen him live.
just found this old thread... so how is that record, any good? i just bought a demo compilation lp called bondage punks and the first lp i ever bought was kings of the wild frontier.
Posted By: Mr Normall Re: New Adam Ant live album - 10/12/09 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by psychocandy:
just found this old thread... so how is that record, any good?
I would describe it for real fans only. If you already have everything else by Adam Ant it may be a good idea to by 'Live at the Bloomsbury' as well.
Posted By: psychocandy Re: New Adam Ant live album - 10/13/09 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Normall:
I would describe it for real fans only. If you already have everything else by Adam Ant it may be a good idea to by 'Live at the Bloomsbury' as well.
i guess i have to get "wonderful" first.
Posted By: Mr Normall Re: New Adam Ant live album - 10/13/09 10:33 AM
That is a wonderful idea. 'Live at the Bloomsbury' has one major weakness and it makes listening to it almost impossible: the recording includes music and quite lot of spoken word. The volume levels on CD are likely the same they were in live situation. Some spoken bits comes rather quiet and suddenly music starts really LOUD. You can't play it anywhere if you don't have instant access to the volume control. One possibility is to set the volume so that music plays in proper volume but then you can't hear the rest (which is about 50% on the recording). They should have done some mastering with the recording before releasing it on CD.
© Metamatic