Metamatic
Posted By: BaddogLtd Any artists? - 12/24/06 05:04 PM
Johns work has been a major inspiration for me over the years.
My website

Any other artists here?
Posted By: John Foxxworthy Re: Any artists? - 12/24/06 05:27 PM
I specialize in something I call Child Serial Killer art. It consists of crude childlike sketchings of devils, crying clouds and suns, and various murderous deeds. I wouldn't call it Foxx-inspired, though. wink
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Any artists? - 12/24/06 09:04 PM
Hi baddog!

Interesting work. Fascinating that you have picked up initially on John's artistic influence rather than the music.
Not something we have discussed nearly enough on forums in the past, so I look forward to chatting with you more about that.
I'm not an artist myself (better with words than pictures!)

I like the works in progress I have seen. Are you a Marc Almond fan at all as well. The two pictures of "ladies" seem to have echoes of his influence?
Posted By: BaddogLtd Re: Any artists? - 12/25/06 07:38 PM
Hi Birdsong!
Johns artwork and music have always been two sides of the same coin for me. I think he was the first artist two really 'wow' me in both fields and the emotion he conveys has always been consistent.
Like it comes from a very honest and meditative place.
And yes, I like Marc Almond but I find myself referencing his source material (Like Genet) more than his interpretations. His "Mother Fist" record perfectly encapsulated the atmosphere I find myself drawn to though.
Jeezus I sound like some psuedo intellectual talk show host.
I hope you know what I mean though.
Really nice to make your aquaintance.
Peace,
Stephen
Posted By: Shadow Man Re: Any artists? - 12/28/06 06:35 PM
Hi from Germany! smile
Posted By: maryann Re: Any artists? - 12/28/06 07:28 PM
Greetings from New York!
© Metamatic