Metamatic
Posted By: echosynth Echosynth - 05/20/13 06:41 PM
I first heard of John Foxx back in 2010, when I read a comment mentioning him on YouTube. His music blew my mind-- so much so that I wonder why I haven't heard of this guy earlier! I was born shortly after he took his hiatus. Such a shame!

My favorite genres are 70s and 80s alternative, college rock, post-punk, New Wave, punk, and early goth. I started out with New Order and Joy Division in 2005, then branched out into Chameleons UK, B-Movie, Bauhaus, The Clash, Dead Kennedys, etc. Those kinds of music were simply unheard of in the South, where I was living at the time. I now live in Portland, OR, where the music scene is much better.

I have been buying a bunch of John Foxx CDs to add to my collection. Listening to his music inspired me to study synthesizers and the theremin. Already, I have 6 years' experience of playing the violin. I am addicted to music. When I'm rich enough, I want to have a room just for my record collections and musical instruments.
Posted By: Brian Re: Echosynth - 05/20/13 07:10 PM
Hi echosynth

Welcome to the forum smile

Brian
Posted By: Your Shadow Re: Echosynth - 05/21/13 06:02 AM
Hi Echosynth.

Wishing you a warm welcome to the site and forum. It's great that younger generations are discovering John's music.

Andy
Posted By: MemberD Re: Echosynth - 05/21/13 11:29 AM
Hi Echo . .welcome to here
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Echosynth - 05/21/13 12:03 PM
Hi there Echosynth,

Welcome to The Forum... grin

Rob
© Metamatic