Metamatic
Posted By: Birdsong Media Archive - Appeal for witnesses - 12/27/08 08:58 PM
As many of you know, I'm working on the new Media Archive (among other things) for metamatic.com.

Not surprisingly, there is a noticeable gap in press, media, web-based stuff that relates to the Nation 12 period (c1990 - 1992) so I thought I'd put out an appeal for material.

Did no-one AT THE TIME catch on that Nation 12 featured John Foxx??? eek
Remember at least was relatively successful in the clubs, and the B-side Listen to the Drummer even more so - which makes me think there must be something, somewhere.

What about on the game scene? Gods and Speedball were high-profile releases - how were the soundtracks rated?
Were they ever reviewed anywhere?

Any takers?
Posted By: Cromlech Re: Media Archive - Appeal for witnesses - 12/29/08 09:36 AM
Hi B

Actually, I had no idea John was involved with N12 back in the day.

I think my knowledge of what John did after IMW and before Shifting City is probably on a par with most others.

Essentially he just disappeared from sight!

I can vaguely remember reading a couple of pieces on Nation 12 in Sounds at the time but definitely didn't clock any mention of JF.

Based on the music alone, I also wouldn't have connected him with the project.

Just fyi.

(Imagine a little helmeted Viking smiley here)
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Media Archive - Appeal for witnesses - 12/29/08 01:08 PM
I agree - me neither! I never even heard of Nation 12 until Foxx resurfaced in '97...

It just seems (at least to me) 'unlikely' that no-one in the music press made the association
Posted By: MemberD Re: Media Archive - Appeal for witnesses - 12/29/08 01:51 PM
I vaguely vaguely vaguely remember something in Q, but that's about it. Sorry I can't help you Martin.
Posted By: Brian Re: Media Archive - Appeal for witnesses - 12/29/08 02:28 PM
I've had a dig through some of the old copies of Sound on Sound & other music stuff from that period but there are no mentions.

I did find something else I'd thought lost though so its not been a wasted journey.
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Media Archive - Appeal for witnesses - 12/29/08 03:02 PM
Cool

I always say that the best way to find something is to stop looking for it! wink
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Media Archive - Appeal for witnesses - 01/29/09 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MemberD:
I vaguely vaguely vaguely remember something in Q, but that's about it. Sorry I can't help you Martin.
You'd be right!

John was (briefly) interviewed for the "Where Are They Now" feature
in Issue 53 - Feb 1991

Thanks to Mark for providing the clue to this one cool
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Media Archive - Appeal for witnesses - 01/29/09 11:58 PM
eek

Replying to your own post is SUCH bad form :rolleyes:
Posted By: MemberD Re: Media Archive - Appeal for witnesses - 01/30/09 08:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:
eek

Replying to your own post is SUCH bad form :rolleyes:
No, I don't think so...although quoting yourself probably is.. wink
© Metamatic