Metamatic
Posted By: Geoffrad Hiroshima mon amour - 02/23/07 01:41 PM
The whistle test clip of hiroshima mon amour is outstanding. It was light years ahead of its time.In my opinion the version is much better than the one on the album.
Posted By: viburnum Re: Hiroshima mon amour - 02/27/07 06:17 PM
I agree. Whilst the sax playing is great, The oddy solo is a better sound as on the live recording.
Another live version, with Billy going for it on the viola, was also wonderful.
Posted By: Geoffrad Re: Hiroshima mon amour - 02/27/07 11:14 PM
Many people compare it to Roxy Music, I know why but for me its far more sophisticated. The beat is so different and John's timing on the vocal intro and then the bass line, it blows me away every time I listen to it.
I have it as an flv file and am thinking of converting the audio.
Posted By: Nisei Re: Hiroshima mon amour - 06/16/08 12:18 PM
I agree that it's a completely different song but I have to admit that I raised my eyebrows the first time I heard Both Ends Burning from Roxy Music (after knowing HMA for years).
Posted By: maryann Re: Hiroshima mon amour - 06/18/08 03:43 PM
I played both songs this morning (in addition to the alternate version of HMA). Can't say I heard any similarity.
Posted By: newvox Re: Hiroshima mon amour - 06/18/08 10:05 PM
The ogwt version of 'Hiroshima Mon Amour' is always an highlight of any dvdr compilation. An all time Classic!
Posted By: Lody Herst Re: Hiroshima mon amour - 06/24/08 09:31 PM
Together with "The Man Who Dies Every Day' this an outstanding track on the Ha!Ha!Ha! album. What an album-closer, and yes ahead ot it's time. But I also remember hearing it for the first time, I got a Roxy feel to it. Didn't bother me as Roxy fan ... The best I can say about the song is that it's timeless.
"Somehow we drifted of to far, communicate like distant stars"Beautiful, beautiful ... cool
© Metamatic