Metamatic
Posted By: Cromlech 1967 Technicolor Dream - 12/30/08 09:01 PM
I've just noticed that starting right now on Sky Arts (9pm Tuesday 30-12-08) there's a documentary about the 1967 Technicolor Dream experience at Alexandra Palace.

Isn't this one of the 'events' that JF so fondly remembers?

Just FYI.

PS: although I've only just noticed it (and am recording it) Sky will probably repeat it several times over the next few months.
Posted By: Atom Man Re: 1967 Technicolor Dream - 12/31/08 01:37 AM
So what was that event about?
Posted By: Birdsong Re: 1967 Technicolor Dream - 12/31/08 09:09 AM
Yes. There's a couple of interviews in which John describes attending this event - and hitch-hiking to get there!

The best website I've found about it is here:

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/14-hour-tech-dream-menu.html

Looking at some of the photos of the event, it was very 'Foxxian'. I got some ideas for my Sideways review from these cool

Thanks for the tip - sadly I don't have Sky...
Posted By: Brian Re: 1967 Technicolor Dream - 12/31/08 09:20 AM
Its repeated on Sky Arts HD & Sky Arts 1 14/01/09 at 9pm

Brian
Posted By: core memory Re: 1967 Technicolor Dream - 01/04/09 03:38 PM
thanks for posting this Cromlech, again like the 'Prog' programme, (Garden's thread), I missed it, but hope to catch the repeat
Posted By: core memory Re: 1967 Technicolor Dream - 01/15/09 12:48 PM
Managed to watch this last night, incidentally if anyone is interested and missed it on TV it is available on dvd:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Technicolor-Drea...32022250&sr=1-1

It maybe has nothing new to say to hard core fans of the Floyd, or observers of 60's culture, its a commentary about the event and its time, rather than a film that is able to allow us to actually experience it, there are clips of people milling around, but no long scenes of groups playing, which I was really kinda hoping for, perhaps anybody with a camera there was just a little too 'happy' to stay behind a lens for long enough.

But it was still interesting to watch, and sadly I didn't spot that young Mr Leigh anywhere amongst the music and lights, maybe he was with all those people climbing up that wobbly scaffolding surrounding the tall organ laugh
© Metamatic