Metamatic
Posted By: Atom Man Art Prints - 12/28/08 12:14 AM
While I'm waiting for my JF postcards and Cinemascope prints to be framed, I started wondering if John had given any thought to selling some decent sized art prints of his works?

I know he had an exhibition
of his works. Not sure if these were for sale but some limited edition prints would not only be affordable but most likely popular.
Posted By: Rob Harris Re: Art Prints - 12/28/08 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Atom Man:
While I'm waiting for my JF postcards and Cinemascope prints to be framed, I started wondering if John had given any thought to selling some decent sized art prints of his works?
Yes, there are plans to make some of Johns artwork more widely available in the new year.

Rob
Posted By: Birdsong Re: Art Prints - 12/28/08 08:54 PM
I think - in principle - that this is a great move and long overdue.

But I wonder about the pricing of such things, and how they will be presented.
Art's a funny thing to value, and if John wants to become known and respected in the art world, then it stands to reason his 'original' pieces should be priced according to that market.
Like the £500+ tag on the CO 'Heads' recently - probably about right, but well over the heads of most of us, his 'music' fans.

Mass-producing artworks will surely de-value them?

Interesting one, and I look forward to seeing how this develops.
It would be great to see John Foxx getting out there where he wanted to be all those years ago.
Posted By: Atom Man Re: Art Prints - 12/28/08 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Birdsong:

Like the £500+ tag on the CO 'Heads' recently - probably about right, but well over the heads of most of us, his 'music' fans.

Mass-producing artworks will surely de-value them?
There's two ways to go about it. Either make poster prints, which would be quite cheap, or limited print runs (N of 100 or so) that would be both of higher quality and obviously more expensive. Hmm ... could even do both.

And then there's also the originals. How well did his exhibition go?
© Metamatic