Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
OP Offline
I was wondering what tracks may be included in the future Metadelic compilation.

Personally I would like to see all the 12" mixes that aren't available yet on CD be included - Endlessly,A Kind Of Wave,Like A Miracle,Stars On Fire and Enter The Angel.

Would the Zeus B Held remix of The Garden be worth including for completeness sake? I no longer have the 12" of Your Dress which contains this. At the time I couldn't notice any real discernible difference from the original version.Perhaps somebody could confirm otherwise.

I would also like to see the 1983 single edit of Endlessly also included as this is the only single that is as yet available on CD. It would also be nice to see all of John's other videos included in the release.

Perhaps I'm expecting a bit too much here but I can live in hope.

Absolutely agree with what you have said, spot on with track choices.

OP Offline
Cheers Gary. I'm something of a completist as you've probably guessed. Ha ha.

I'm not so sure Metadelic should automatically point to In Mysterious Ways. Aside from the remaster, John seems to avoid this album as though it never happened.

However, if it were to also include a DVD (though it equally might not...), then that would be the ideal final resting place for those IMW era videos.

If anything, it might be more appropriate if Metadelic, used the more romantic tracks from The Garden (such as the title track, "Europe After the Rain" etc) and The Golden Section (too numerous to list), as well as perhaps the more Beatlesy/psychedelic tracks from later albums such as "Through My Sleeping", "An Ocean We Can Breathe" and "A Room As Big As A City".

I think if he goes down the route of 2 x CD + DVD then agree with Alex re video's, 2nd CD would be great to have the 12 inch singles already mentioned.

Main CD definitely agree that TGS would feature, plenty on there that would suit the album and also a few tracks off "The Garden". I love IMW so would like to see a couple of tracks from that and of course material from his recent past.

OP Offline
I agree with both of you Gary and Alex. There are plenty of psychedelic style tracks that John has recorded throughout his career that could be compiled for Metadelic.If this release does consist of two CDs and a DVD as well,disc one could contain these,disc two the extended versions and the DVD all of the videos not contained on Metatronic.

Yes Alex,John does seem to almost disown IMW. However I would love to have Stars On Fire and Enter The Angel extended versions on CD and Metadelic would be the perfect opportunity to release these with the other unavailable extended versions.

On the subject of compilations, I wonder if a collection of John's various instrumentals will appear at some point... although I'm not sure what point or added value such a thing would have...

...sorry, that thought was totally OT!

.......although to bring it back on topic, I wonder if there are any instrumental tracks suitable for Metadelic...

Quote:
Originally posted by Alex S:

... I wonder if there are any instrumental tracks suitable for Metadelic...
Most of My Lost City was recorded during that '81 - '85 period, not forgetting the From Brussels With Love tracks and pieces like Fog etc.

Considering all that's been made available to us from that period over the last few years, there's either a Raiders of the Lost Ark size warehouse full of tapes or the vaults have been truly exhausted. I'm hoping for the former! smile

Packaged in a special mini John Foxx branded Ark of the Covenant? laugh

Is that why Rob recently moved house laugh

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.