Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
OP Offline
G
I have the 2 versions of this song, one is called Jamie's Theme and the other is Jane's Song.
Both are almost the same music, but with some diferent entries and the tone is a bit diferent too.
I truly belive that this demos pieces are the Trois Gymnopedies Movement Nr.1 from Erik Satie that John Foxx played.
Is very interesting and probably unknow but this song is very revolucionary, because is a precursor to modern ambient music.
Gary Numan made a cover in the same year, but he used the first and the second movements, but Jonh only made the first. Probably this is a moment that John Foxx and Gary Numan was together.

G
OP Offline
G
The 1980 was a period of changes and evolutions in the world. And porbably Gary and John joined together and put a remarkble way of transmiting this generation.

John Cage sayed, in a error way, that this song was a furniture music. Is interesting this, because i don't remember very well, but i think John Foxx made a comment about this in a interview.

Administrator
Administrator
The track that you are referring to is called "Jane", and was recorded for a DJ friend of Foxx in the United States although it was never sent to him. It is described as "a little ident thing" by John Foxx when he talks of it on the Metal Beat CD (META14CD, october 2007)

As far as I know, this is the title of the track that was previously referred to as "Jamie's Theme" but that - at least to me - now seems to be a simple transcription error when the earliest copies of the so-called "Metamatic Demo" tapes came into circulation.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
G
OP Offline
G
But why Trois Gymnopedies Movement Nr.1 from Erik Satie? Why this particular song ?

Q
Q
I once had a 7" synth-version of the a/n music made for some exhibition in London called Light Fantastic.The artist was a well-known keyboard demon whose name completely escapes me.Anyone?
(I'm talking early Seventies here) cool

mmmm...maybe Rod Argent???

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.