Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14
The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
John Foxx (Analogue Show) with Gary Numan (DJ Set) and special guests...

Saturday the 5th of June, 2010...

The Roundhouse launched its festival of electronica, Short Circuit, last year with a line-up including Jeff Mills, Erol Alkan, Holger Czukay (Can), Gavin Bryars and The BBC Radiophonic Workshop.

The first acts of Short Circuit 2010 are now announced: an evening celebrating the best of British electronic music, headlined and curated by John Foxx.

Following a DJ set by one of the UK's most influential electronic artists, Gary Numan with co-producer Ade Fenton, John Foxx will perform a unique analogue synthesizer show to mark his thirtieth anniversary as a solo artist. The founder of Britain's first synthesizer rock band Ultravox, released his debut solo album Metamatic in early 1980. This dark electro classic is one of the few albums to be acknowledged by Aphex Twin as an inspiration and is described by the Klaxons as a visionary record.

Foxx and a one-off group of special guests will assemble on stage for the first time with the machines he used on that album - the Moogs, ARPs and drum machines that created the sound of the future - to perform material from Metamatic and a selection of early Ultravox music.

The set will also include brand new material created in collaboration with Paul Daley from Leftfield, along with new songs by John Foxx & The Maths - an all-analogue synthesizer project with London-based artist Benge, whose work has been described by Brian Eno as a brilliant contribution to the archeology of electronic music. Benge's London studio houses one of the biggest collections of analogue synthesizers in the UK and was heavily featured in last Autumn's BBC documentary, Synth Britannia. Gary Numan was filmed at the studio for a recent interview where he discusses the impact that John Foxx had on his own music.

Earlier in the day there will be a series of events programmed by Foxx. These will include movies, DJs, VJs, his own new collaborations with various film-makers and a Super 8 project he's currently working on with London Orbital author, Iain Sinclair.

Further information about this event, including details of some more special guests, will be announced soon...

Date : Saturday the 5th of June, 2010.
Web : http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/
Tickets : http://www.roundhouse.org.uk/whats-on/productions/john-foxx-4616
Address : Roundhouse, Chalk Farm Road, London NW1 8EH
Telephone : 0844 482 8008

Rob

Brilliant news. Can't wait to get my ticket tomorrow. The new Best of sounds good too. Hope there is some Mike Barker live video on the DVD as well as the early stuff. I personally would like John to perform with Louis as it has been a while now. Still Brilliant news and am looking forward to it.

F
F
i nearly wet myself from joy on this one! laugh

B
B
Well, looks like I'll be skipping my cousin's wedding and heading to the UK for this one!

I sure hope this event is recorded by somebody. Preferably officially.

Flippin eck cool

The one time I didnt check here before I went to bed & this happens.

Fantastic.

I know the Roundhouse well from last years Ultravox gig.I will be there. laugh

Brian

M
M
This is going to be the event of the year.

I'm so excited I could kiss a blurred girl through smoke. smile

and I was just thinking this morning, 40 days into 2010 and still nothing new from the Foxx camp...

Short Circuit . .Metatronic..sounds good

Ticket acquired laugh

Foxxgate in the pub down the road again anyone?

I will have to look up what it was called over on EV

C
C
Fantastic, I had to read it twice to believe it!

After all the posts about Metamatic's 30th, John and Gary, this is something not to miss! but it's highly unlikely I'll be there myself frown
so as Steve Roby say's, I hope a professional video recording might get made of the evening for everyone to enjoy... smile

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 13 14

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.