Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
Mornin’ Ivan – well as you’ve probably already seen in the papers, on the news-wire and over the radiogram – a major – some say historic – victory not seen in sport for some time was finally won yesterday.

Yes, that’s right: I conquered Alpe d’Hampstead! laugh

I approached via Col de Adelaide Road, musette was munched somewhere passing near Mont Primrose Hill and then on along Saint Swiss Cottage and on and on and on.

Fantastic news about Froome too – I’m expecting a call from him any day now to congratulate me on my victory also and maybe ask if I can help out next year.

Chapeau Radler ! I trust you sailed through the subsequent anti doping test ! I'm mainly down the coast getting the ks in , in lung busting but gobsnackingly beautiful conditions. Velomatic faces a tough challenge to keep the electronic flag flying as we will be facing such tough opposition as Ag2r Iron Maiden , Omega Simply Red and aging Scouse Mavericks Radio Shack !

Hmmm - depends: can a well-earned pint of Guinness be considered doping?

Sounds like your having fun - I bet the weather is exceptional there!

I hear Astanabananarama are also in contention but as it's Alexandre Vinokorouv managing, I think we'll be OK!

I
OP Offline
I
Hmmm - depends: can a well-earned pint of Guinness be considered doping?

Sounds like your having fun - I bet the weather is exceptional there!

I hear Astanabananarama are also in contention but as it's Alexandre Vinokorouv managing, I think we'll be OK!

Vice Captain Hensey your mail has been replied to Our "Coming from furthest away" status in jeopardy cos of my fellow Blue Paddy mates joining the peloton

*pushes Ireland 700 miles further east*

Ooooo! Ah well - I have held the record for two years solid, best let someone else have a bash! 10-15 October yeah?

I was putting the miles in on Saturday guv - almost 7hrs of cycling, and here's a precis of la route:

Bethnal Green to Wimbledon (12 miles),
Wimbledon to Richmond Park - a few circuits, great place to cycle*

Richmond Park to Hampton Court Palace (7 miles along the Thames)

A cheeky pint in a posh pub

Hampton Court Palace to East Dulwich (15 miles via Richmond Park)

A cheeky bag of Fish n Chips

East Dulwich to Bethnal Green) (7 miles)

40-odd miles all told - some canals, parks and green spaces between the heavy road trafficc. Some nice hills in Richmond Park (hell, there's too many damn hills in West and Sarf Lahndun) - a great day out. Some more planned this weekend but no idea where yet.

I
OP Offline
I
Ooooo! Ah well - I have held the record for two years solid, best let someone else have a bash! 10-15 October yeah?

I was putting the miles in on Saturday guv - almost 7hrs of cycling, and here's a precis of la route:

40-odd miles all told - some canals, parks and green spaces between the heavy road trafficc. Some nice hills in Richmond Park (hell, there's too many damn hills in West and Sarf Lahndun) - a great day out. Some more planned this weekend but no idea where yet.

Nice one I'm impressed

*hands over captain's armband to The Radler*

Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso

Nice one I'm impressed

*hands over captain's armband to The Radler*

Hahahaha! I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to green to passed such responsibility! No guv - it's deffo yours!

I
OP Offline
I
50k for me this morning Rads . September is brilliant for the views and the weather First sign of snow on Alps

Ivan,

You have mail! smile

I
OP Offline
I
Yo vice captain Radler ! We've got two Irish* gregari in the peloton this year
Gazzolo after 21 k
and more importantly vino after 36 and 68 k !

http://www.granfondoepica.it/?page_id=1369

*Crafty Ivan has told the organizers that they are Swiss (It's a good job that they are the spitting image of Boris and Dieter out of Yello) so we will still get the much coveted "furthest away" prize . Let's hope Kenyan Chris Froome has other cycling commitments that day !

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 09/29/13 08:31 AM.
I
OP Offline
I
Yet another Epica successfully completed ! Great day as always , Peloton augmented by 2 of my fellow (Irish) Toffees

Here ìs me and The Radler in action !

http://www.lg-studio.it/gossolengo-rossia-epica/epica0227-detail.html

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.