Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
My box arrived on Thursday. My good friend [also a Foxx-head who had pre-ordered one] was visiting so we jumped straight into disc three since it was the bulk of what we had not yet heard before. I get the disc art with the tape box citing "music for film." Very cinematic little instros of a piece with "Glimmer" or "Mr. No." I have to say the Barnbrook reliance on metallic ink was kind of stunning. The album was the sound of brushed aluminum and concrete, and as the latter was hard to analogize on paper, he did a spectacular job; particularly with the screened tints of the metallic ink.

Now I'm at work and listening to the rest of it.

Just wondering, does everyone have the same card signed?
I have the ARP Odyssey patch sheet with the Underpass lead sound but he may as well have signed the cards in a random order.

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Nisei
I have the ARP Odyssey patch sheet with the Underpass lead sound but he may as well have signed the cards in a random order.

I believe that only copies of the "Underpass" patch card were signed.

Rob

T
T
I inquired about this: Metamatic Sessions Demos elsewhere in the forum. I have been carrying around session outtakes since acquiring them on a TDK cassette in 1983. I am ecstatic that these tracks have finally been released officially. Here is a tracklist comparison between the above link's and the new edition of Metamatic's as I understand them:

1) Quiet Man 3 = Swimmer III (Garden 2008 reissue)
2) Quiet Man 4 = Swimmer IV (Garden 2008 reissue)
3) Musique D'Ameublement = A Jingle*1 (From Brussels With Love lead track)
4) A New Kind of Man (alt 1) now on Metamatic 2018? (boot lists length at 3:52; could be single version)
5) A New Kind of Man (alt 2) now on Metamatic 2018? (boot lists length at 4:01)
6) He's a Liquid (alt) now on Metamatic 2018
7) He's a Liquid (instr.) now on Metamatic 2018
8) Piano Piece = Fragmentary City now on Metamatic 2018
9) Mr. No (alt) now on Metamatic 2018
10) Drums 1 = official release may not exist
11) Echo Piece = official release may not exist
12) Burning Car (demo) now on Metamatic 2018
13) Jamie's Theme = A Version of You now on Metamatic 2018
14) 20th Century (demo) = official release may not exist
15) Glimmer (demo) now on Metamatic 2018
16) Film 1 (demo) = official release may not exist
17) Bed Light = Over Tokyo now on Metamatic 2018
18) Touch 'n' Go (demo) = official release may not exist. I have this instrumental outtake which is merely the outro with synthesizer hammerings dubbed over it.
19) Bed Cellar = Critical Mass now on Metamatic 2018

I also have a couple drum pieces timed at 38 and 41 seconds and four just as brief "jingles" from the same sessions.

Last edited by Telekon; 06/14/18 01:25 AM.
Thanks for the info Telekon.

I've never come across these demos before. Glad to see that many have made it to the 3 CD set.

P
P
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris
Originally Posted By: Nisei

I believe that only copies of the "Underpass" patch card were signed.

Rob

Much easier to avoid unwanted headaches in that manner!

Got mine a few days ago but hadn't had time to really look at it until now. I'd forgotten about the signed card, so that was a pleasant surprise. Haven't listened to all of it yet, but my multidisc reissues of Wire's Chairs Missing and 154 popped up in the mail, too, and Pink Flag should be here any time. (Interesting packaging on those -- hardcover books significantly larger than a standard CD case, like the Change Becomes Us one they did a while back.)

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.