Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
C
Thanks again Rob for your stellar work.

Metamatic has this filmic quality that I never tire of listening.

John takes all this DIY music one notch up from all his contemporaries.

Pathway was John's tardis.

Looking forward to the whole package with the Barnbrook touch and naturally I ordered this on the same day as announced.

Chris C

H
H
Hi Rob,

Is this just a one-off release or are the other 3 Virgin Years albums due the deluxe 3CD treatment? Even though we've all bought the albums several times over, if there are still any undiscovered gems from 1981-1985 in the vaults I'm sure we'd all love to hear them!

Great news

Are there plans to make it availlable via Amazon?

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Shadow Man
Great news. Are there plans to make it availlable via Amazon?

Yes there are, but for now it's only being made available through Townsend Records...

Originally Posted By: Herbert the turbot
Is this just a one-off release or are the other 3 Virgin Years albums due the deluxe 3CD treatment? Even though we've all bought the albums several times over, if there are still any undiscovered gems from 1981-1985 in the vaults I'm sure we'd all love to hear them!

As things currently stand, it's only Metamatic that'll get the Deluxe 3CD treatment.

Rob

3 Things:

1. I already have all the stuff on cd 1 & 2 - is there a plan to release CD3 on it's own, as had been done previously on err, can't remember..

2. I think I'll wait for Amazon - I have £30 in vouchers already, probably more by May.

3. Any snippets, samples anywhere of CD3??

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: NerveJam
1. I already have all the stuff on cd 1 & 2 - is there a plan to release CD3 on it's own, as had been done previously on err, can't remember..

I'm (currently) not aware of any plans to make the contents of the third disc available as a stand-alone CD.

Incidentally, the Radio Edit of Underpass (Disc Two, Track 11) and the Longer Fade Version of Blurred Girl (Disc Two, Track 18) have also not been made available (on CD) before.

2. I think I'll wait for Amazon - I have £30 in vouchers already, probably more by May.

This release will definitely be made available on Amazon at some point...

3. Any snippets, samples anywhere of CD3??

Not that I'm (currently) aware of...

Rob

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
The Deluxe 3 Disc Edition of Metamatic is now available to pre-order on Amazon...

Rob

H
H
Originally Posted By: Rob Harris

Incidentally, the Radio Edit of Underpass (Disc Two, Track 11) and the Longer Fade Version of Blurred Girl (Disc Two, Track 18) have also not been made available (on CD) before.

Is the Radio Edit of Underpass not the one that appeared on 'The Best of Synth Gold Extended Mixes' CD compilation from 1991? The version on that album is the shorter one at 2:46 long, missing the second verse. My recollection is that the shorter version was indeed the one most often played on Radio 1 at the time. In fact, I remember being slightly astonished the first time I heard the full version!

Link to page with details of the compilation: Best of Synth Gold Extended Mixes

Last edited by Halloway; 03/24/18 04:38 PM.
F
F
I got mine today smile

Am currently ripping it to my walkman.

As an insufferable pedant, I feel obliged to point out:

- surprisingly, whilst offering a new "Radio Edit" of Underpass 2'48", it doesn't seem to include the actual 7" single edit that has so far only appeared on CD on the "Modern Art" compilation? (3'18" in length).

It does, however, collect all the Metamatic-related tracks that had thus far only appeared on the compilations "Glimmer" and "Metatronic", as well as all the bonus tracks that were on the previous releases of Metamatic (in the Virgin albums 5 Disc CD box of 2014, the 2CD edition of 2007, the Edsel edition of the early noughties, and the original Virgin CD release of the early 90s). Plus demo versions that were only presented as extracts on the 'Metalbeat' interview album. Phew. wink

So basically, for tidiness and sanity of finding things alone,
this is a good release for collecting everything from the Metamatic period - album, singles, promos, out-takes and demos... apart from that one 7" version of Underpass, so hang on to your "Modern Art" CDs!

Last edited by feline1; 05/31/18 10:30 PM.
Thanks for the info.Thankfully I have the Modern Art CD.

The postman tried to deliver mine yesterday but I was at work. It's at the Royal mail office to collect. Unfortunately I can't get there until tomorrow. I'm very much looking forward to hearing the previously unreleased instrumentals.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.