Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 60 of 125 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 124 125
I
OP Offline
I
Sounds well grim Gazza Rare day out onn the cross country ski trails at Cogne Gobsmackingly beautiful and tiring It would appear I had a more pofitable Sunday What do you make of this 'Arry for Ingalund Moysey dahn't Lern malarkey ? Should this happen I hope we get Ian Holloway

Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
Sounds well grim Gazza Rare day out onn the cross country ski trails at Cogne Gobsmackingly beautiful and tiring It would appear I had a more pofitable Sunday What do you make of this 'Arry for Ingalund Moysey dahn't Lern malarkey ? Should this happen I hope we get Ian Holloway

I don't want Moyes and I don't want Mourhino either. I don't want anyone except 'Arry. Sadly I don't get a vote!

Really, really hope it's not Mourhino - I'd rather Ian Holloway!

Sick as a parrot.
I'll say no more.

Originally Posted By: MemberD
Sick as a parrot.
I'll say no more.

1919: Parrot Killers - Spurs embarked on a tour of South America (Argentina & Uruguay) in 1909. The boat journey either way to Argentina was fairly long. One of the distractions provided for the passengers on the way home was a fancy dress competition. It was actually won by two of the Spurs' players dressed as Robinson Crusoe and Man Friday. The ship had a parrot and they had borrowed it as one of their props. As a result the parrot was presented to the club (or the two players) by the ship's captain.

And yes it is claimed that the bird died on the day the dirty deed took place in 1919, which saw Arsenal buy their way in and replace Spurs in the first division. It has been suggested in some quarters that this was the origin of the phrase "as sick as a parrot"! Add Parrot murderers to their list of crimes

Can't be much longer now for AVB. I don't want him to go to be honest because;

a) he's rubbish, which is brilliant news for us, and

b) it would mean that the 'Top Manager' pool would be one short - not something we want when it comes to eventually looking for 'Arry's replacement.

aaahhh ..such strategems!

We'll see you on 24th March matey!
..our place or yours?

We're gonna be ransacking your gaff on the 24th - the Prawn Sandwich Set won't know what hit 'em! grin

I
OP Offline
I
Chin up Membs All the money you'll save not going to the final will free up funds for you to see The Wurzels one -off gig in Yeovil this summer I believe they've finally managed to talk the great man Adge Cutler out of retirement
Somerset is gonna rock !

Sadly, that's of little or no consolation.
But in sooth, we've been through worse .. although the heady days of Kings Road off-pitch antics and even the 'Italian Renaissance' circa 1996 already seem like ancient history.

Somerset? Wassat? Herewith a timely reminder that this 'ere jumped-up country boy hails from north of Bristol - more Shakespeare than scrumpy, I'll have you know, kind sire.

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: MemberD
Sadly, that's of little or no consolation.
But in sooth, we've been through worse .. although the heady days of Kings Road off-pitch antics and even the 'Italian Renaissance' circa 1996 already seem like ancient history.

Somerset? Wassat? Herewith a timely reminder that this 'ere jumped-up country boy hails from north of Bristol - more Shakespeare than scrumpy, I'll have you know, kind sire.

Sorry Membs I'm just a thick uneducated Scouser I was obviously sleeping through O level English and missed the finer points of
Two Gentleman of Leominster
and The Merchant of Moreton on Lugg

You jest!
Mind you many other local adaptations of the Bard's oeuvres have been known to take place in the more bawdy hostelries of the region:

The Taming of the Mad Ewe, Much Ado About Combine Harvesting, and The Merry Wives of Worcester spring to mind.

Page 60 of 125 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 124 125

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.