Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49035 07/31/17 11:49 AM
I
OP Offline
I
Put on rather a good show on Thursday The only disappointment was the John Foxx shaped hole
Amyway Gang of Four Put on quite a good show too. Frightening to think that Andy Gill is probably older than the other three quarters of The Gang who probably weren't even born when "Entertainment" came out (This made up most of the set)
As for Mr Numan I wasn't au fait with the majority of his new stuff I imagine Nine Inch Nails sond/sounded similar Heavy on the ear drums with a lot of stop/start songs (almost Pixiesque) Anyway he kept the synthheads happy with Cars, Are Friends Electric and Down in the Park. Highlight was probably when he brought his 12 year old daughter Persia on to do the backing vocals for My Name is Ruin Sartiorally he has traded black leather for black cotton and wore cheapo beads last favouered by Morrisey back in the mid 80's when he fronted The Smiths. He danced like an enebriated Morrisey too !
All in all 8/10 tthere was an Ivan Basso shaped hole at Goodison Park 2 miles up the road as the match and the concert clashed I couldm't let my brother down so chose the latter. With hindsight, a good decision as the match was a load of Barry White apparently

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 07/31/17 11:52 AM.
Ah no.I was there mate.If only i'd known we could have met up.

I was one of the poor buggers sitting on the left.
Bought what i thought was a decent ticket in the pre-sale row B seat 4.
Complained and was moved to the middle about 10 rows back.

There were a few incidences of feedback and low vocal levels and the synth sounds on the classics sounded a bit off but not bad at all.

My pics https://flickr.com/photos/54668403@N06/sets/72157684269426631

Brian

I
OP Offline
I
Just sen yer mail Bri If only we had known ! Just had the weirdest 72 musical hours in my life I originally booked Madame Butterfly at the Verona arena for my wife and daughter as part of Crimbo present When I saw John Foxx would be playing in my home town in March I obviously bought tickets for that The problem was that the Puccini opera was on a Saturday so I had to do Liverpool and back in less than 2 days Flight from Milan was delayed so got to my Manchester hotel at 2 am I'd booked 8 am train to liverpool so got very little sleep (about an hour) I knew I'd get very litle sleep the next night as I knew I'd get back to my brother's in Bootle round midnight then have to get a taxi to John Lennon Airport at 4 am ! I also had to work the afternoon back in Italy Verona was good too. Got some decent kip on Friday night. Breathtaking setting. With 15 minutes to go the heavens opened and the opera was abandoned Still good all the same So, ear- splitting industrial rock with synth interludes connectig with a 120 piece orchestra in ancient Roman ampitheatre within the space 48 hours of one another Plus the fact The Blues were at home the very same night more chance of winning the lottery ! (If only they hadn't been lazy arses and gone for 5th or 6th place !)

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 07/31/17 08:23 PM.
I'm currently 'in a debate' with an ex-lead singer of a band I used to admire in the 90s about the modern merits of Noooomun. This guy is a bit of North-Korea about him and the 'debate' is going a bit south! Nooomun is still a full-on Marmite subject - even amongst men of a certain age it seems.

Hey ho.

Sounds like you had a blast though Ivan!

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.