Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I
OP Offline
I
The impending outcome of this election frighten me, so I'm keeping it bland. Anyway , as far as I'm concerned Bootle so staunch Labour, that you could field a scarecrow with a red rosette and the people would vote for it

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 06/08/17 04:23 AM.
Currently in the tory heartland of Lichfield so my vote won't matter.

I still agonised over voting Labour but much as i hate much of the Labour manifesto i did it for the NHS.

Brian

I live in the leafy south Liverpool suburb of Mossley Hill. Nevertheless like the rest of Liverpool we vote Labour in massive numbers. The other parties just don't stand a chance. I've voted Labour all my life even when we went Tory lite under New Labour.

My old hometown constituency is a bluer than blue Conserv**** stonghold and I believe that hold just got even stronger.

All of which may account for why I left there in the first place!

As you will know Sig. Basso, the T*ries robbed us ex-pats of our right to vote, as we've been away for more than a decade and a half. I think in any other country that would be seen as a breach of human rights but in the UK it doesn't seem to matter.

I
OP Offline
I
Originally Posted By: Your Shadow
I live in the leafy south Liverpool suburb of Mossley Hill. Nevertheless like the rest of Liverpool we vote Labour in massive numbers. The other parties just don't stand a chance. I've voted Labour all my life even when we went Tory lite under New Labour.

Back in the dim and distant past I seem to remember david Alton snatching it for the Liberals

I
OP Offline
I
I think in any other country that would be seen as a breach of human rights but in the UK it doesn't seem to matter.

*chains self to European Court of Justice building*

Last edited by Ivan Basso; 06/12/17 07:36 PM.
Originally Posted By: Ivan Basso
I think in any other country that would be seen as a breach of human rights but in the UK it doesn't seem to matter.

*chains self to European Court of Justice building*

There's Bill going through Parliament as we speak. Not particularly high on the UK political agenda though. There's other fish to fry .. when to get on with Br*xit, when to do the Queen's Speech, when to go on one's holidays...

Originally Posted By: Your Shadow

Back in the dim and distant past I seem to remember david Alton snatching it for the Liberals
That's right Ivan. That was quite some time ago. It's been Labour for some years.

Last edited by Your Shadow; 06/14/17 01:06 PM.

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.