Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

...or thereabouts .. .that our hero started out his great adventure with a band called Ultravox!

Birdsong: do we have an official 'timeline' here? The debut album was certainly one of the first post-punk albums to hit the high street (sort of) in February '77, but when, say, was the Dangerous Rhythms single released? before or after?

Anoraks on please!
cool

Administrator
Administrator

Check out the ARCHIVE here. We are working on it.

I have just started this on my blog

https://translatedbirdsong.wordpress.com/40-years-of-foxx/

So your post is very well timed.
There is a timeline in process for this website, but its a cumbersome thing.

I have one, which I have worked on since 2003 and goes back to the beginning of time. Well, 1948 at least *wink*

All my anecdotes and notes come from it and I add stuff in several times most weeks.
But breaking it up into presentable form is difficult. 650 pages and 2.5 million words

I think the Nashville promo gig was in fact 31st January, but I am happy to be proved wrong.

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Administrator
Administrator

As far as I know, the album was a few weeks AFTER the debut single, which finally saw the light of day on 4th February 1977

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
MemberD Offline OP
OP Offline

Excellent! Thanks cool

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.