Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
P
Wow! My wife [again] bought me a copy as a surprise. Actually, she bought me two copies. One to open and one to keep intact for the "collection." She also ordered me the Yello cover issue with the cover version CD. Some great material on that one. The magazines were rather fine reading. Good to see the producers of an emag making something that needs no electricity to read. I shudder to think what archaeologists of the future will say when all physical evidence of our culture stops abruptly around 2030.

This thread should finally list the contents so here you are:

John Foxx - Twilight's Last Gleaming
John Foxx - Cinemascope
John Foxx & Louis Gordon - From Trash
John Foxx & Louis Gordon - Everyone
John Foxx - Flightpath Tegel
John Foxx And The Maths - Evergreen (Radio Mix)
John Foxx And The Maths - September Town
John Foxx And The Maths - Falling Away
John Foxx & Steve D'Agostino - Evidence Of Time Travel
John Foxx - The Other Side
John Foxx - Sunset Rising
Ghost Harmonic - A Green Thought In A Green Shade

Last edited by postpunkmonk; 10/31/16 01:10 PM.

I picked my copy up yesterday. An interesting selection of tracks. Makes a change not to get the usual Metamatic related stuff. Nice to see an emphasis on his later period.

Even though there have been a number of compilations I still think a decent box set compiling John's whole career would be welcome. Back in 1993 two Brian Eno 3 CD box sets were released. On 'Instrumental' and one 'Vocal'.I think John has released enough great music over the years to warrant such treatment. Some rarities could be added for those who have most of his releases already. I guess the only thing holding it back would be financial viability, plus time and effort of course. Maybe one day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.