Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
J
J
Hello - I'm a new member here and this is my first post. I'm a big fan of the Cathedral Oceans music and artwork, I have the 3 cd set w/dvd and the standalone dvd and love them. I'm also curious as to how different the artwork inside this vinyl box is from the cd set. I don't play vinyl anymore, but this may be as close as we get to a coffee table type book of these wonderful images and I am undecided right now.

Thanks! - John

T
T
Just as a coffee table book it is sensational.

I have over 5000 lps and this coffee table book vinyl box set is just about the best release I have bought from a visual and design point of view.

won't be around for long

cheers

P
P
Gott Im Himmel!!! My wife bought me a copy for my birthday. #9/750. Yes, the A.P. edition - which I did not even know about.

P
P
I have both and the difference in size is vast. These images have never begun to approach the detail available here. The layout of images also differs somewhat [especially on the pages with multiple images - many more on the CD, believe it or not, and the proportions of each page are somewhat different. The text seems the same.

Last edited by postpunkmonk; 09/27/16 03:51 PM.

A belated "Happy Birthday" from me. A really nice present.
My copy was my birthday present from my wife too... smile

T
T
Thanks to all for your input - very much appreciated. No wife at this end, but I decided it was time to pop the question to my credit card, just in case that "The complete artwork and writings of Dennis Leigh" coffee table book fails to appear in the distant future. I have justified it by choosing this and not the Ultravox coloured vinyls - after all there is also a highly desirable Marc Almond boxset on the horizon to think about ...

By the way it is currently 90 and a bit at Amazon.co.uk so that helped the decision as well.

Administrator
Administrator

Good work. Good choice.

Mr Almond has the edge on this for me

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.