Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Yep. the vinyl version of SOR I have is well and truly dead (overplayed using bad stylus, but I needed a fix).
CD version too now beginning to skip and hop a bit, so now might be the time! I searched, but could

SOR t-shirt would be nice.
Should I wait for the reunion tour for that? wink

Found out that I don't have Ultravox! on CD. What kind of a fan am I?

OP Offline
Heh! Go and stand in the corner and think upon your sins! laugh

Yes, a limited edition SOR reissue in clear vinyl with print and download code please Rob! No rush! laugh

Seriously though - my copy of SOR is playable-ish...Solenoid - I think it's the inner sleeve, as lovely as it is, I think its heavy card has knackered the vinyl a bit.

G
G
On the subject of Ultravox, is the 'Ultravox.org.uk' site down for maintenance? I've been unable to access it for several days now.

Gwilym #48444 04/23/16 08:06 PM
The site was taken offline last week when 123.reg accidently deleted a load of sites.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36072240

It's still not been restored.

Brian

Last edited by Brian; 04/23/16 08:07 PM.
Brian #48446 04/24/16 01:15 AM
Brian, did you see who the reporter was for that?

Absolutely amazing!

Ha Ha no I didn't .Chris Foxx😃

Brian

Brian #48537 05/24/16 11:13 AM
The Archive
The Archive
I've just been advised that the release date for The Island Years box set has, due to unprecedented demand, been put back to the 10th of June.

It's currently available to pre-order from Amazon cool

Rob

F
F
Doh, I only just noticed this!

So basically, if you bought the last set of remastered Ultravox CDs (which were very nice), there's no further material on this set other than the Peel Session and audio-only versions of the Whistle Test.
Or do I also spot 1 or 2 additional 7" edits of RockWrock and Quiet Men in there? (The difference is surely minimal?)

The completist in me will probably still buy it for that wink

As regards to vault-mine or not-to-vault mine:
there is a school of thought that says "you don't do a George Lucas on a classic album, and add in extra tracks that were not released at the time BECAUSE THEY WEREN'T VERY GOOD".
I can kinda respect that.
On the other hand though, in that case, I don't really see the need for this re-issue in the first place then - just keep the three existing CDs on catalogue, let the BBC release their Peel Session if they want to. (The Whistle Test stuff already has been released on DVD, has it not? It's on YouTube at any rate...)

Last edited by feline1; 06/02/16 12:05 AM.
F
F
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach

I understand your grumbles I really do. But anything that's unreleased is probably still on tape, and the cost of transferring and mastering those tapes - with great care - can be a very expensive business.

If a record company can't afford to play its own bloody tapes, they've got one helluva screwed up business model! wink They're presumably paying to store them!

feline1 #48571 06/14/16 08:46 AM
I received my copy yesterday. I haven't had a chance to listen yet but nice enough package. Nice little booklet enclosed too.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.