Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#48143 01/07/16 10:19 AM
The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Burning Car is a limited edition (750 copies only) gatefold LP release on John's own Metamatic Records label.

Inspired by a rare Japanese six-track mini-album of the same name which included singles and B-Sides from the Metamatic -era that weren't on the original album. This new release expands that concept into a full twelve-track album featuring tracks such as This City, My Face, Mr No, Glimmer and the title track, all mastered and cut for this rare and exclusive release thirty-six years after the January 1980 release of Metamatic. This is the first time that Like A Miracle (Alternative Version) and Young Love have appeared on vinyl.

Each copy is individually numbered and features new artwork created by Jonathan Barnbrook.

Side One
01. Film One
02. This City
03. No-One Driving (Single Version)
04. He's A Liquid (Alternative Version)
05. Young Love
06. Like A Miracle (Alternative Version)

Side Two
01. A New Kind Of Man (Alternative Version)
02. Burning Car
03. 20th Century
04. My Face
05. Mr No
06. Glimmer

Catalogue Number : META59LP
Release Date : 28 January 2016

Pre-order your copy from Townsend Records...

Please note that both Miles Away and A Long Time are planned to be part of a future vinyl release of The Garden -era material.

Thanks for the heads up Rob.

Not sure about the point of the release to be honest. I'm sure the gatefold cover will be a work of art. However for serious John Foxx collectors there's sonically nothing new here. Is it going to be the same for the future 'The Garden' era vinyl release I wonder.

Other than for obtaining the gatefold cover I wouldn't see the point in buying it. I still prefer CDs myself. I don't understand the recent fetishisation of vinyl. Sure its sound pretty good at first but with time surface noise increases.

Great news

I will order a copy.

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Your Shadow
Thanks for the heads up Rob.

No problem… grin

Not sure about the point of the release to be honest. I'm sure the gatefold cover will be a work of art. However for serious John Foxx collectors there's sonically nothing new here.

But it's not always about new material.

The reaction to the recently released vinyl version(s) of Metamatic was so positive that it was decided to collect together the other Metamatic -era tracks, and create a special limited edition.

Is it going to be the same for the future 'The Garden' era vinyl release I wonder.

I honestly don't know at this stage...

Other than for obtaining the gatefold cover I wouldn't see the point in buying it. I still prefer CDs myself. I don't understand the recent fetishisation of vinyl. Sure its sound pretty good at first but with time surface noise increases.

Some people really like vinyl - and that's why it's been produced to meet that demand.

Other people (yourself included) prefer CDs - and that's more than fine as well. Different releases in different formats for different people.

Rob

Administrator
Administrator

The cover is (at least n my case) most of the point... laugh

Also, as with more CDs than people will admit too, most people who buy this will only probly play it once or twice

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Well I am very pleased to see this coming out, curious about whats coming for The Garden now. Is this the news that was hinted about before Christmas, do we know?

Roll on 28 January!

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: loveaction
Well I am very pleased to see this coming out, curious about whats coming for The Garden now. Is this the news that was hinted about before Christmas, do we know?

Nope, that's not it… wink

Rob

Looks lovely and would make a nice companion to the Metamatic gatefold release of a while back.

Thanks.

Ordered it moments after hearing about it. Looks beautiful, but still - does have an echo of this release about it;

http://www.discogs.com/John-Foxx-John-Foxx/release/115624

The Archive
OP Online
The Archive
Originally Posted By: RadioBeach
Ordered it moments after hearing about it. Looks beautiful, but still - does have an echo of this release about it;

http://www.discogs.com/John-Foxx-John-Foxx/release/115624

Which was available on both vinyl and cassette...

I was lucky enough to find a pristine copy of the vinyl back in 1984 on a holiday to The States...

Rob

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.