Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Administrator
Administrator

If you are a 'collector', then it stands to reason you will want it all simply by definition.

I do. At least just to make sure I have one copy of each release.
Only one, but I'm not a 'collector'. A South African edition with a different number on the label is of passing interest, but not a must-have.

But new editions with new artwork?? Of course, what's to even think about laugh

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
I used to be a collector, had to have everything - then...I dunno...I guess I just looked around at a 'sea of stuff' - it was actually quite cathartic getting rid of loads of vinyl many years back.

Having said all that - there is absolutely no reason to own these albums again even on vinyl - but if they do come out on vinyl I'll be first in line! laugh

D
D
I'll be buying this (the curse of the collector) but I hope against hope that this won't be another Digipak. Am I the only one who longs for the recent days when John's CDs were packaged properly in Jewel Cases? Far superior to this recent run of Digipak releases... frown

The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
Originally Posted By: DaveT
I'll be buying this (the curse of the collector) but I hope against hope that this won't be another Digipak. Am I the only one who longs for the recent days when John's CDs were packaged properly in Jewel Cases? Far superior to this recent run of Digipak releases... frown

Both Translucence / Drift Music and Nighthawks will be issued in double and single digipaks respectively.

Rob

P.S. Welcome to The Forumlaugh

T
T
Originally Posted By: DaveT

No Dave, you are not the only one. I have grown to accept the digipack (rather that than nothing being released) but it still feels to me more like a CD single from back in the day. Easier to manufacture maybe (I have no idea), better for the environment (I seem to remember that argument - again I am no expert). They are also not so easy to store and more delicate.

Administrator
Administrator

I agree with this too.

As far as I am aware, D.N.A. was the last John Foxx album to be issued in a jewel case...?

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
T
T
"Nighthawks" arrived today - nice to see a prominent dedication to Ruben Garcia.

"Translucence/Drift Music" arrived Saturday - some great new images in the booklet.

T
T
Hi Robin

Is still to be released on vinyl?

Cheers

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.