Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Clear 180gsm vinyl, download card and a flexdisc of John doing Satie or summat to be included...oh...and an artprint like Mirrorball!

Don't ask, don't get - innit! laugh

Do they actually still manufacture flexidiscs? grin

Brian

Well I'll be blowed...

Brian

The Archive
OP Offline
The Archive
Originally Posted By: Brian
Well I'll be blowed...

Also - http://www.piratespress.com/cms/flexi-records

Rob

Administrator
Administrator

I'd love to see these on vinyl as well, but also available independently.

In fact, my personal opinion is that this CD re-issue would be a good opportunity to make both 'Translucence' and 'Drift Music' available as separate albums...

But as a double vinyl album in a tri-fold sleeve?
Yummy

I know they constantly sell, which is great news and one day I'd love to see the figures. For me personally, this body of work is one of John's finest achievements and we have all underestimated it

I don't know if they've been underestimated by us - certainly the general public perhaps. Maybe I just think that because - in the era of the playlist - I play all three once maybe twice a week one after the other.

I understand why Drift and Translucence are kept together - you really can't play one without the other (in my head).

Last edited by RadioBeach; 06/18/15 07:17 AM.

that bloke needs to get out more

P
P
I've needed a copy of "Nighthawks" for a long time, but was reluctant to own extra copies of "Translucence/Drift Music." I sort of resent the bundling of new albums I don't have with old albums that I already do have. It's why I never heard "Cathedral Oceans II" until the complete box came out, which was a sale for the 5.1 copy of CEIII as well as CEII in 2.0. But as a Foxx collector, this is wrong thinking. I should always be buying it all, shouldn't I?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.