Metamatic : The Official John Foxx Website...
NEWS DISCOGRAPHY MERCHANDISE ARCHIVE INDEX FORUM
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Let's get the easy bit out of the way, a huge thanks to all the forum members I met that night for being so incredibly warm. It really felt good to catch up and reminded me that although SNS has taken over a lot of human interactions, there are still a few refuges like this that shine. I'm very grateful and will try to contribute more in future!

The event? Well I hadn't bought EoTT yet, so went in blind. It was bollocks. The dogs bollocks! Mr Foxx continues to expand his delivery through collaborations, and this for me was a masterpiece. The visuals were stunning, keeping me focused through the whole performance (performance, not a gig, hence the comfy chairs!). I love this branch of his work and the "fresh but so parallel" angle that Karborn brings to the table. Musically it was what I wanted/needed to hear. But Steve D'Agostino has always harmonized with John so well, that I really shouldn't have worried about enjoying myself. Which I did, evident in the fact that I only bought my ticket on Thursday. I didn't know if the format was going to work (and it didn't for everyone, which is understandable) but it pressed my buttons!

Now that the world premiere is done and dusted, it must be time for the world tour! Can Japan be first stop?

Well worth the trip and overall, a really great night out. Thank you all!

9.75 out of 10. The markdown due to those latecomers, many of whom thought that they may have been invisible!

F
F
Originally Posted By: Birdsong

They had some real analogue instruments too. I saw them laugh

And John's hands were moving upon them. Playing stuff.
Which is why they rehearsed it.

Meh. Interesting... any more info about what they had or what they were actually playing? It didn't look (or sound) like they were doing anything more than faffing on little mixer desks to me.
John *always* busks away on the keys, it doesn't mean he's playing anything. I've stood at the front of too many of his gigs and watched him! It's just like a little comfort blanket thing so he he has something to do with his hands.

Administrator
Administrator

Originally Posted By: feline1

Meh. Interesting... any more info about what they had or what they were actually playing? It didn't look (or sound) like they were doing anything more than faffing on little mixer desks to me.

John played a Roland JX-3P

I'm not remotely technical, but here for the record is a really crappy picture of the kit. I wish I had paid more attention to the stats etc...

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
F
F
good grief! Of all the synths he could bring, he brought a JX3P!! wierd laugh

The small keys is a MIDI controller for soft-synths on the laptop, presumeably.

Heaven knows what that wierd custom-built knob box is for!

Administrator
Administrator

D'Agostino was twiddling that. Not Foxx

For archive snippets, sparks of electroflesh and news about this website follow me on Twitter @foxxmetamatic
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Birdsong, Rob Harris 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Metamatic Website
Copyright © 1998 / 2021 Metamatic. No part of this website may be reproduced in any form, or by any means, without prior permission in writing from Metamatic.